Chapter 5- Found

It's been about an hour now. And I've been jogging this entire time. I'm surprised really, that I've been able to keep up a jog for so long. My energy level has officially depleted, so I call it a day and sit down by a tree in the forest.

Eventually, my eyes shut. Darkness consumed me.

I was snapped out of my dream by the leaves crunching. I brushed it off as a squirrel or some small animal. I closed my eyes again. I heard the leaves crunch some more, then a twig snap.

It so wasn't a squirrel.

The bushes rustled, and out came a wolf.

The wolf was dirty and brown. It's eyes were red. Foam came out of its mouth. He growled, and snarled at me. He snapped his jaws at me, foam flying every which way.

I cowered into the tree, trying to be smaller. Trying to hide.

The wolf stalked closer, jaws snapping, teeth bared, barking menacingly.

I was terrified.

He was right in my face now, his foamy spit flying onto my face.

I heard a loud, ground shaking growl.

Suddenly, the rabid wolf was tackled to the ground. The thing that tackled him was a black wolf. The wolf was much larger and radiated power. The wolf grabbed the brown wolf by the scruff and threw him against a tree, breaking his spine. The black wolf leaped onto the brown one and bit his neck, snapping it, killing the wolf instantly.

The large, black wolf, walked towards me. I coward back in fear. The wolf whimpered. It's honey colored eyes stared into my green ones. Something about these eyes seem familiar.

I can't place it though.

The wolf came up to me, his muzzle inches away from my face. He payed down, his head near my legs. He looked up at me. Showing submission.

I felt weird, be submit too. I was never in control.

I got up. The wolf got up as well, took one look at me and went into the woods.

Oh. That made me sad for some reason.

I heard bones cracking, I cringed at the sound.

I heard leaves crunching. I whipped around, to see the source of the noise.

Relief flossed me when I saw who it was. "Behold," he started. "Your knight in shining armor." He gave me a lop sided smile, holding his arms out. I let out a breath of relief, and smiled. I dropped my back pack and ran into Justin's arms.

His strong arms wrapped around me, my thin arms around his waist. My head was in his chest, his on top of my head.

He squeezed me tight before pulling away, holding onto my shoulders. "Why did you run away from me?"

I looked down in shame. I looked back up into his whiskey colored eyes. He seemed to know right away. "I had no intention of hurting you." His voice was raspy. "I wouldn't dare lay a hand on a woman." I looked at him, tears in my eyes. Silently, saying sorry.

"I'm impressed," he started, smirking. "You made it all the way out here. All by yourself. You're not as weak as the doctor thought." I smiled. The thought of him being proud of me, made me feel giddy.

"C'mon," he started. "Let's go home."

I blushed when he turned around. I am just realized he was naked. When I took too long he got up and looked at me. Realization kicked in. "Oh! Right!" He went behind a tree. When he emerged, he was wearing basket ball shorts.

He turned around again. I placed my backpack on my shoulders, and walked too him. I placed my freezing hands on his shoulders, and jumped. He caught my thighs, and walked back to his house.

One the way, I fell asleep.

I woke up to being covered. I opened my eyes, and saw I was in the guest room at Justin's house.

I saw he was covering me with the black duvet. I looked at him, giving him a silent thank you. He smiled, and petted my hair back. "Before I forget," he mumbled. He grabbed his phone and handed it to me. The app open was Notes. I looked at him, curiously. "What's your name?" He asked.

I smiled. I typed my name, slowly. I have the phone back to him.

He read it aloud. "Ariana Blacksworth." The way my name rolled off of his tongue, sent shivers through me. "Beautiful name." He commented.

"One more question." He stated. I nodded. "How old are you?" He handed me the phone back.

I typed again, and handed the phone back. "You'll be eighteen in three days." He smiled at her. "Well kiddo," he joked. "I'll be twenty five in two months." I smiled.

I'm beginning to realize I can trust Justin. "G'night." He said before shutting off the lights and walking to his room.

Third Person POV

As Justin walked back to his room. Just as he thought, a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. He felt like a perv for thinking about her this much. I mean the girl wasn't even eighteen yet. And he was twenty four.

His wolf was just as confused as him. Why was he so consumed in Ariana and her world? Why was he so caught up with her and everything she does.

He closed his eyes.

Tomorrow was his day off, a Thursday. He was having Max, Vince, and their mates over to watch the game. It was too late to cancel. He was also having them over on Sunday, January fifth. That's the day Ariana turns eighteen.

The thought made him happy, that she'd find her mate. That's she'd have someone to build her up again. But he also felt sad, that she wouldn't need his protection or his help anymore.

She wouldn't need him.