Chapter 3

I get back home and it was earlier than I thought. It was only 3:57 am. I shrug walking toward the kitchen. Once I had rinsed off the knife I went and showered quickly and climbed into bed next to Dominic. Man was he warm!!! I love having him as my cuddle buddy. I cuddled up close to him, laid my head on his chest and fell asleep quickly as if nothing had happened.

......

I awoke late the next morning to the smell of my favorite coffee, french vanilla, the sounds of the crackle and pop of bacon. I smiled. My amazing boyfriend got up early and made us breakfast this morning. I climbed out of bed, grabbed my white and blue blanket, and walked out into the kitchen and gave him a big kiss.

"Thanks for making breakfast baby!"

"Your welcome baby girl. Anything for you." He smiles kissing back and wraps me in a big hug rubbing my back. "You seem in quite the good mood this morning. What's up with you?" He chuckles.

I shrug. "The run must have helped calm me down quite a bit last night because I got some amazing sleep. After my run I felt like I had a burden and a lot of stress lifted off of me."

"Oooh well I could have helped you with that stress baby!" He wiggles his eyebrows at me and smacks my butt.

"Mm could have, but you were tired and I didn't want to wake you up just for that. Besides, I needed fresh air anyways." He kisses my forehead.

"You know that if you ever need something, sleeping or not, I'll help you with it. Doesn't matter what it is."

He tightens his hold on me and rubs my back slowly. Boy, does it feel good!

"By the way, baby girl, I heard on the news this morning that Brooke girl you used to be friends with was killed last night."

I hide a smile and frown instead and my eyes water. He pulls me in closer and holds me as I "cry." Gosh am I a good actor!! I hate that I can't tell him it was me, but I'm afraid he would leave me. He's all I have. He's the only one that truly does love me like he says. He's not like the others that lie to me when they say I love you.

I look up at him and wipe the fake tears away as they still fall. "Do they know who did it?"

"I'm not sure baby. They didn't give any information. They just said that I guess her husband found her this morning when he tried to wake her. I just hope her kids didn't see her like that. That'd give them nightmares for a very long time, and they are still little." I nod in agreement and bury my face in his chest and he keeps his hold on me tight.

"Hey, come on. Let's get you something to eat. Do you want me to call you into work today? Ill stay home with you too if you'd like." I smiled at the thought.

"Please baby? That'd be good. I....I think I'm going to go lay back down."

"Alright sweetie. I'll bring you in your breakfast here in a few. Okay?"

He kisses me and sends me back to the room. I lay down and smiled as I heard him call himself into work sick right after letting my work know I wouldn't be in since I'd just lost a "friend." A few minutes later I lost my smile quickly making it a frown as I heard him come in with my breakfast on a platter. There was blueberry pancakes too. He must of just made those, because they weren't on the stove when I was out there. All I know is it smells soooooooo good! I smile faintly at him and he lays the tray in my lap and kisses my forehead.

"We are both staying home today from work. That means you aren't going anywhere yet. We will have a movie day in bed together all cuddled up. That sound good?"

I smiled and nodded at him as he smiles. "There's my baby's beautiful smile I love seeing."

I blush and he chuckles. "What movie would you like to watch, beautiful?"

"Hmm, how bout another one of your scary movies?"

He grins. "Alright. Think you can handle it??" I nod and smile. He gets up and puts "The People Under the Stairs" in. I lay there and watch the movie. The scene when the girl is locked up in the room and the guy comes in flashing a grin, and then the flashback hits me.....

*flashback*

I struggle trying to get out of his hold while he has me pinned down on the bed, tears streaming down my face. He whispers in my ear, "Stop struggling or you will get it worse, you hear?"

I nod and my sobs eventually start to quiet down the tears still pouring down like a spilled glass of water with an unending supply of water. His hands have my hands pinned above my head, his face hanging over mine. He kisses on my neck and I sob. Nobody else is home so if I screamed...it wouldn't be worth it. Mom would call me a liar even if she caught her husband in the action. He's shaking me trying to get my sobs to quiet down again.

"Shut up! I said SHUT UP!!"

--------

Dominic is shaking me lightly while I'm spacing out. When I come to and look at him I realize I'd been crying. I quickly wipe my tears and he looks at me confused.

"What's wrong, sweetie?"

"I....nothing just bad memories I guess."

He pulls me to him and rocks back and forth brushing my hair out of my face. "Ssshhhh baby it's okay." I let the tears slide down silently as he holds me and think to myself. Maybe he should be the next or should she be next? For all those years of abuse and him getting his way. He just acted like nothing ever happened. I used to be absolutely terrified of him, but now....I'm not I have more power now. I'm not gonna let him control me anymore. I'm myself and I'll show him that..