Chapter 9

Dominic nods and i smirk. 'Ha he doesn't want you!!' Dominic starts to walk toward the water taking off his shoes. She follows doing the same and dips her toes into the water. 'Perfect!! Perfect!!! Keep going!!!' I start to rub my hands together and bite my lip getting excited. 'This witch is going to pay!'

---------

"So what made you think of me all these years later?"

Dominic looks down swishing the water around with his feet as they slowly move out a little farther into the water.

"I guess remembering how amazing you were. You treated me right. You showed me how I should be loved."

Paige smirks looking down

"I did huh? What happened to ugly duckling?"

Dominic takes a deep breath and cringes balling his hands into fists.

"Don't call her that, and we went our separate ways. About a year ago. We just didn't think it was going to work out. All we did was argue and I couldn't handle it anymore."

She nods and laughs.

"Figures. She never was the most prettiest thing in the world."

I take that as my chance as Dominic starts to heat up getting angry. It was upsetting me too. I wanted to just beat her brains in already.

I creep up in the near bushes and as Paige steps out knee deep in the water i launch out attacking her. She falls screaming. I hold her head down under the water smirking the whole time. Dominic grabs her feet holding them down so she can't move. The bubbles come up as she struggles to breathe.

"Hey!!!! What are you doing?!?!"

Dominic and I look up and a dark figure starts running across the river toward us. I grab Dominic's hand and we run. We run until we find the car.

......

We get to the car and hurriedly drive off both of us breathless. I bang my hand against the dashboard pissed off.

"Dammit!!!!! Dammit! Dammit!!!! We were so f***king close. She was almost gone!!!"

Dominic looks at me sad.

"Baby, I'm sorry."

I shake my hand at him and stare out the window as we drive home. He reaches over placing his hand on leg and rubs his thumb back and forth across my leg. I sigh and look down at my knuckles that are now bright red.

"Shit that hurt." He chuckles and takes my hand and looks it over.

"That's going to be swollen for a couple days." I wince when he runs his thumb over it lightly. He takes his thumb away.

"Sorry baby girl didn't mean to hurt you." I nod and pull my hand away.

"It's okay. I'm a big girl."

We drive the rest of the way home in silence.

...

We get home and I head inside not even waiting.

Dominic comes in and sits beside me on the bed. I look at him then away again.

"Babe, it's not my fault you know. I didn't make that man appear out of nowhere." I nod and look down.

"I know sweetie. It just aggravates me that of all the kills I'm going to be apart of this was not the one I could have seen myself messing up on. It's so frustrating!!"

I lean over placing my head in my hands and Dominic rubs my back.

"I know it is baby girl, but we will get her."