CHAPTER ONE. The begining

CHAPTER ONE

Nick threw a frustrated glance into the mirror. His replica glared back. It was an exact clone from the short messy light brown hair down to the broad muscular build of his body underneath his football gear, even the way his eyes displayed the signs of his pure annoyance. He threw himself down onto the cold dark metal of the locker room bench and ran his hands threw his hair, making it even more messy. To many crazy things were happening all at once and it was making him feel sick! He began to go through the list again. His dad was going through chemo, again. Also his parents divorce wouldn't stop running through his head over and over. It bugged him that he was thinking about it so much, it's not like he couldn't see it coming. Now it was also the time of year that he had to study for his finals and hope they didn't suffer from sports as much as his grades. He was also the lead player on the football team in a pep-rally that was only minuets away.

"Dude, you ok?" Nicks best friend, James's, voice broke him out of his thoughts.

"Yea... I'm fine" Nick replied. Rubbing his temples," I just got a bit of a headache, there's a lot going on."

"Already! We haven't even started the game!" James said shaking his head in a teasing way as he got up and walked over to his locker to finish gearing up.

Nick felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see Nathan standing beside him.

"What?" Nick asked, a little more edgy than he intended.

"There's someone here to see you," they gestured over to the door.

Nick looked up at his fellow player, then shifted his look over to the doorway. His little sister, Jolie, was leaning against the frame looking around curiously as she ran her hands through her curly dirty-blonde hair.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Mom told me to ask you to take me to the bathroom." she replied

"Jolie, the pep rally is about to start!"

" Come on! Just real quick, I really got to go!" She said, suddenly sounding urgent.

"Okay, but we really have to hurry." Nick said seeing that he wasn't going to win

"All right then, let's go!" She called over her shoulder as she skipped out of the doorway, all urgency gone from her voice.

Nick grudgingly followed her. They turned a corner and Nick stopped in front of the bathroom door, but Jolie continued to walk.

" Thats the laundry room!" Nick called after her as she entered a different room.

"I knew that!" She said as she back tracked to the bathroom.

"Alright go on, hurry!" Nick smiled as she scurried into the bathroom.

He leaned against the wall, suddenly feeling sick again. A wave of dizziness washed over home and he thudded to the ground. He groaned as he stumbled onto his hands and knees. He sat up and grabbed his throbbing head.

*If my gear hadn't been there I'd problem have broken something. That was so weird, it was like I fell right through the wall.* Nick thought

He squinted his eyes not wanting his head to explode in pain. He stared down at the bleak grey cement floor.

*Wait... The school has tiled floors.* His thoughts wandered.

Nick dared himself to look up. The room he was in was very large and it was perfectly round. It stretched so high up he could barely distinguish the ceiling from the shadows that gathered there. The walls were the exact kind of dull grey cement as the floor Nick was kneeling on. He spotted a singular large window high up in front of him. He closed his eyes shut tight as a wave of excruciating pain pounded through his head.

🔸🔺please comment and vote 🔺🔸

I finally got around to completely revising and editing this, so I would love your opinion and if you liked it please vote and share, thanks ❤️✨

~Alexis :)