CHAPTER TEN Decorations

Nick sat on his white bed in his completely white room. He shifted positions so that he was sitting on one foot with the other hanging off the edge of the bed. He put his chin on his fist. If the reason why he couldn't enter back into society was that he wasn't immune to "new diseases" then why weren't they putting him through tests or anything to make him immune? Why weren't the laboratories full of people trying to find out how to bring other people here... Why weren't they trying to save his dad.

Nick stopped that train of thought and brought his leg onto the bed and crossed on top of the other. He just didn't understand enough and it was making him frustrated. He flooded down on the bed with his hands above his head and his feet on his pillow.

"I just don't want to think about it anymore." He stated aloud to himself.

He turned to stare at the door. Ugh he flipped over again facing the wall. He could tell that someone was opening the door, very slowly, just peeking in.

"You can come in," Nick said not moving a muscle.

"Oh, ok I thought you might be sleeping." said Quincey's familiar voice," I thought you might like some decorations, I mean something that's not so.. white."

Nick reluctantly sat up. he just couldn't stand even being slightly rude to someone so sweet. He propped him self up on his elbow. He was surprised to see that she was in flannel pajamas pants decorated with snowflakes and a pink tank top.

"I picked some stuff up from the lost 'n found," she proudly held up the box she was carrying proudly," wanna see what I found?!"

"Sure." Nick said as he was chuckling, he couldn't help but smile.