Epilogue

One year later

'How you holding up baby?' My mother said as she walked into my room. After everything that happened,I reconnected with my family and I'm now living back with them. My mother and father welcomed me home with open arms and I explained EVERYTHING to them.

It's a year since the night Jay died. I haven't slept a good night since then,a day hasn't gone by which I haven't wished that I told him no,that I hadn't scolded myself for not protecting the protectable. He was one in a million,an irreplaceable person in my life.

My everything was taken away from me,there hasn't been a second where I haven't thought about him,about us,about our future. I still feel his blood on my hands ,I still picture his still chest and night,wishing that it was all a dream,wishing that it was still going up and down,but waking up to realise it's my reality. The man I love,Shawn Corey Carter is dead, half of me,is dead. There will be no other like my baby.

'I miss him so much mama' I said crying into her as she cradled me. The tears falling from my eyes dropping onto my clean black clothes.

I held an old crippled up piece of paper in my hand. A paper that was actually a year old too. It had the lyrics of the song that Shawn and I both wrote when he was alive. I read the lyrics everyday,singing them out loud and in my head. It shows the raw zone of love we were in,it shows the reality of it all,the vulnerability,the truth behind the madness.

My eyes followed down my arm to the tattoo on my wrist that read,

'S.C.C
I love you'

The End.
***
Thank you guys so much for reading it,this was my first book and the feedback was great,I appreciate so much.
Another fanfic called "Thug Love" helped me with this ending,it's such a dope book.
I'll put up a brief outline of my next book up soon 🖤