Chapter 12

Jay's POV

Bey and I just got settled in a small,quiet,disoriented motel along the roads of nowhere. The owner was fortunate to allow us to spend our first night free which was a bonus for us really.

I was laying in the bed as Beyoncé counted the money in front of me. It was almost 9pm so I made her do it,simply because I can't count higher than 50 with out getting bored and distracted.

She must have finished counting the money and came and laid next to me,shoving the bag full of dollar bills under our double bed.

'You done?' Said wrapping my arms around her waist. 'Yep' she said sighing and resting her hand upon mine. 'How much?' I said getting a bit it tired,it had been a long day,aimlessly driving around a place we don't know. '$1,456,000' she said kissing my temple. I smiled knowing that we just robbed a bank and got our asses away from it.
***
Beyoncé's POV

It's coming up to around 6pm right now. The sun is exploding with beautiful colours all across the horizon. We take all the good things in life for granted. The little things that were here before us,given to us at birth or even after. Being alive is just simple enough to be thankful for. I look at Jay and I see that . I see gratitude,sincerity,appreciation and a state of serenity.

We are just exploring our surroundings,it turns out there's a little mall roughly 20 minutes away from our motel. Our decision was to go to this Italian for dinner,it looked mesmerising,dark inside but once you enter the room was lit up by warm toned lamps,fairy lights,spotless wine glasses and smiles painted on everyone's face.

Most of the people present with us were couples,all on dates living their life in a normal environment like normal people. Not being hunted,living life in a peaceful harmony,just focusing on nothing but their words for each other. Love. It wasn't a date,just dinner. Jay insists that once this drama is all over,that he'll take me on a real first date.

Being with Jay on this little journey of ours has really opened my eyes to the possibilities of love. Love can make you do crazy things,like going on the run with your boyfriend who wasn't you're boyfriend at the time,complicated. But if I didn't do this, I wouldn't have met my soul mate,the love of my life,my forever and always. I honestly can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

We were walking out the mall,hand in hand,focusing our attention on random things. Jay,admiring what was left of the remaining sunshine which was hiding behind a few grey clouds. And I,analysing the people around us, carrying bags and pushing carts that were heavier than their body mass.

This is the kind of shit that makes me happy. Random shit,I could live in this moment forever,I was context,I felt normal,walking out of the mall on a beautiful evening,hand in hand with the man I love. Everything has fallen into place ,I am happy.

But all of a sudden my thoughts were interrupted when we saw a couple of trucks that looked very familiar. I squinted and stared hard at the trucks and Jay did the same,until we saw someone jump out the front and another 3 jump out the back of one,and 3 jump out the other. They immediately started firing shots at Jay and I. We took cover and hid behind an unseen wall.

They had to be the guys from back home. They had actually found us,I couldn't believe this,we hid so well. Everything I could see was a big blur,it was déjà vu of the first time that we had to shoot some of the guys from the compound,but this time,I wasn't scared,my feelings were indescribable, I was hungry to kill,thirst of blood , I was filled with rage ,anger,hurt,disorientation. I was fucking livid that they had found us,tracked us down,they knew where we were.

Jay pulled out the guns from under his muscle shirt and handed me two has he held his both. The shots were still being fired and I could hear yelling of the men who were trying to seal us out. Jay peaked out from being the walk and fire countless shots at the guy,but they fired right back. I stayed behind the wall just listening to the sounds of shots being fired and bodies dropping to the cold ground.

'SHIT' Jay said as he turned back away from the corner and pressed the back of his head against the wall. He had gotten shot in his right arm. I could see the blood gushing from his open wound. It was something I had never seen before. My immediate response would be to stop what I was doing and care for him,but if I did,we'd both die then and there. Without thinking,I took over and friend shots,hitting multiple men,watching them drop to the floor trying to fight their death.

Jay peaked behind me and carried on firing shots,as so did myself. After around 5 minutes of us shooting constantly,we stopped. We couldn't hear anything else being shot at us. Jay turned to me and I saw his black shirt stained with a deep liquid,blood obviously. In fact the blood was no longer visibly red . The stream of blood was flowing so rapidly and heavily that all I could see was black. He was holding his arm,showing admiration but I could read him,his face showed pain.

Jay turned back around and looked around the corner where the shooting had originally come from. 'They gone' he said,which meant they were dead. Thank fucking God. He made sure that the coast was clear and we made our way back to our car,avoiding any people or police that were called during the shooting.

We jumped in the car and sped back to the motel. My mind was now focused on Jay,he was still bleeding,he'd already lost a lot of blood.

We found our way back to the motel and ran inside,we Jay stumbled a little. Before he could even shut the door,I ran into the bedroom and grabbed the emergency kit,ready to attack his wound,I hadn't removed a bullet or performed stitches on anybody before,but damn I was about to get some practice in .

'SIT ON THE COUCH BABY' I yelled from the bedroom,I could have sworn I heard him say something slick under his breath but I let it slide because he's hurt and probably in excruciating pain.

I walked into the dull living room to see my man sitting on the couch with his sleeve ripped at the gun wound. I sat next to him and began unraveling the string for the stitches and taking out the equipment for the bullet wound. As soon as I started reaching for the bullet wound he closed his eyes and tensed up,I couldn't imagine the pain this man was in right now,I didn't want to either.

Eventually I fished out the bloody,cold steel bullet wound and put in the disposal plastic bag next to him. I looked at him and his eyes were looking away from me,he didn't look happy with anything,himself,his surroundings,me.

'You okay' I said brushing his cheek,looking at him with glossy eyes. I didn't like seeing this quiet side of Jay,it was almost like he had fallen into a sudden depression,I mean he did almost die.

Once I had the needle and thread ready,I began stitching the slit in his arm. He kept flinching,constantly,every time I moved the needle up or down,he would jerk,I kept eyeing him thinking he would stop,until I had enough of him being scared,I don't know what,but I felt like something was really off with Jay.

'Do you trust me?' I said looking up at him sighing. In that moment all I could feel was Jay's blood on my hands and butterflies in my stomach,waiting for his response. He didn't say anything,instead he met me half way with a kiss,I smiled when he broke it,he smiled back,it wasn't a Jay smile,but it was something at least.

I carried on stitching Jay up,kissing his cheek every now and then,making him smile,taking his mind off of the pain.
***
Thanks for reading ✨
Don't forget to vote and comment✌🏽
I appreciate you all 💕