Chapter Three: Centipede Meets Spider

I kept Ukyo close to me as the stare down between all of us had yet to calm even though several minutes had passed. I felt uneasy expecting to fight a battle I knew I was going to lose but I was prepared to die after all I owed a favor to the boss.

He eventually sighs heavily sitting back down in his chair massaging his temples and he states to calmly for my tastes, "whatever, the boy can't leave due to him knowing where this place is but I won't touch him. So just sit down before I change my mind."

He closes his eyes seeming to be disgusted by something and drags his hand from his temple to over his eyes. He appeared to be thinking deeply and he pushes his chair back on its back legs and he starts to rock back and forth on his chair anxiously before he leans forward in the chair suddenly making a loud clap when the chair front legs made contact with the floor. He stills in his chair and opens his eyes peering at me between his fingers a smile winding across his face. His gaze and smile dark sending chills down my spine but his voice was just as chilling, "but I will keep you to your word so don't forget pet."

I swallowed after realizing the words that had rushed out of me in a panic to save Ukyo's life. I just gave him the ok of doing whatever he wants to me. I wanted to run far away because that eerie and creepy look hinted of everything he would do to me, all planned out thoroughly in that sick and twisted mind of his. Well, he probably would have done it anyway but getting acceptance must have sparked something in him. I uncovered Ukyo's mouth knowing for now the boy's life has been spared but as soon as I did he protested "I'm not about to listen to this fucker and neither should you!" I tugged on his arm dragging him to where I sat before regretting uncovering his mouth.

Trying to keep him alive, I hiss out, "just shut it. He can kill us any second if he wanted. It would be futile unless you have any better plans other than fighting him..." Maybe I should stuff something in his mouth. I glanced around trying to think of something to occupy Ukyo and my eyes land on Feitan who was smiling pleasantly pleased about something and it registered in my head he just heard what I whispered to Ukyo. The sick bastard was pleased I admitted how powerful he was out loud.

I replayed the sentence again in my head and it was then it hit me. Ukyo's power could get us out of this predicament. My own words reaching his ears and he immediately perked up. Feitan seemed to sense something and he snarled, "don't or you'll regret it you brats. If you try to escape I will do everything within my power to find you and absolutely destroy the both of you." Ukyo smirked back at him flaring his nen, that was my boy picking up what I was thinking.

He placed his hand on my shoulder boasting like the child he is, "as if I would listen to you, shorty." I hoped he didn't find us, he would make us pay dearly and Ukyo's words only added fuel to the fire that burned in Feitan's eyes who at this point knew we were escaping. His eyes were so hateful and all that hate was directed at Ukyo, if he caught us again I doubted I could save Ukyo from whatever Feitan would do to him again.

Feitan got up from the chair and tried reaching out towards us his face twisted in pure anger but before his hand could reach us we disappeared. I prayed we would never meet again, I owed him a favor I did not want to pay off and Ukyo was in danger on top of that from the same man. One minute we were in the building and next outside of it. Since I wasn't expecting it, I almost tripped but Ukyo caught me steadying me. I felt such a rush as the adrenaline and excitement of getting away suddenly hit me as I looked up at the dark gray sky.

It was strange as I stared at the sky because besides excitement and relief I felt sadness the sky reminding me of when I was a child leaving the city of the unwanted trash. My chest hurt but I didn't question it much as Ukyo grabbed my wrist making me run with him yelling at me in a whisper, "come on before he realizes where we are!"