DA:I - An Unwelcome Guest

Title: An Unwelcome Guest

Pairings: Cullen x Ayla, Father!Aden Trevelyan x Daughter!Ayla Trevelyan

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Ayla's father pays Skyhold a visit, catching Ayla off guard while Skyhold witnesses one of the Inquisitor's few weaknesses.

Warnings: Language,

Notes: same thing; characters may not have same personality. This is how I see my Trevelyan's past is like; it gives her character as well as the sense that not everything is like it seems.

--------

Ayla is the youngest child amongst several in the Trevelyan household. There were a total of seven boys and three girls in the family.

The head of the family, Aden Trevelyan, favored his sons over his daughters and it was obvious. Though he loved all of them equally, he would always out the family's reputation belle his children. Always.

Ayla was raised to be poise and sophisticated and to obey whatever her future husband wished for her. She hated it. She longed for adventure and freedom and was determined to get it.

But before she had the chance, she had to live her current life of going to parties for the nobles of the Free Marches and bear through the pain of her father planning her future.

But then she heard of the Conclave. She formed a plan and ran the first chance she was able. It was a few weeks until she reached the conclave and went under the disguise that her family sent her there.

After that, everyone knows what happens; Ayla became one if Thedas' most legendary heroes, among women like Andraste, the Hero of Ferelden, and the Champion.

It's been a year since Corypheus' defeat and everything is well; the Inquisition remains one of the strongest forces in Thedas and Ayla continues to lead it.

It's a sunny day and everyone is doing their daily routines; medics heal wounded scouts and soldiers while the remaining soldiers train under Commander Cullen's supervision.

Ayla walks down the steps of Skyhold, Scout Harding beside her, discussing with her routes to get to the Emerald Graves.

"Choose whatever route you think is best, Harding," Ayla says as they walk towards the second set of stairs that'll take them to the bridge, "I trust your judgement,"

"As you wish, Ser," Harding says, closing her throat before looking back up at Ayla, "who do you wish to take with you?"

"Cassandra, Bull, and Dorian," Ayla replies instantly, knowing that taking three of the people she trusts the most will be beneficial.

"Okay, I will go tell them to prepare," Harding says before waking off after a bow. Ayla stands at the foot of the stairs, looking around. Several horses are being preped for the long journey and Ayla looks at her black horse, looking well fed and ready.

Ayla looks over at the soldiers who practice with one another. The medics were moved to one of the towers since they won't be getting as many injured soldiers as they did when Corypheus was still drawing breath.

Ayla catches Cullen's eye and he sends her a smile, one which she returns instantly. She takes a deep breath, remembering her life before the Conclave and how it has improved so much. She wouldn't change it for the world.

She looks out at the bridge and sees a large group of people walking on it, the lead on a brown horse and two people carrying a flag with an all too familiar crest on it.