ME:A - Stay With Me

Title: Stay With Me

Pairings: Twin Ryders, perhaps some Ryder x Jaal

Rating: PG-13

Summary: Taliyah just got revived after her connection to SAM was severed by the Archon and she deals with many internal battles.

Warnings: Language, angst, severe sadness

Notes: This is how I would have played Taliyah if the game let me do so

----

"We need an evac, now!" Vetra yells through her comm, glancing at Taliyah, who is managing to walk, very weakly, towards their exit.

"Ryder!" Jaal exclaims when Taliyah stumbles, but she keeps going, despite the immense pain she is feeling.

"Scott," is what she manages to breathe out just as the doors close in front of them. She couldn't stay conscious any longer.

Vetra watches as her best friend falls to the ground, body unmoving, eyes closed. Jaal freezes, staring down at the body of the woman he fell in love with.

Vetra is the first one to jump into action, "Taliyah just....went unconscious, the door is locked, we're trapped in here," she then proceeds to try and conceive a plan to get Taliyah to Lexi.

A gasp silences Vetra and brings Jaal out of his state of shock. Taliyah sits up, takes a few deep breaths before standing and hurrying over to the consol, hugging her stomach and limping while doing so.

"You don't have SAM, how are you-" Vetra goes to say but Taliyah interrupts her.

"I don't care if there are consequences to this, that bitch has my brother," Taliyah says through gritted teeth and she leans on the consol for support as she attempts to activate the consol.

She grunts in pain and her knees almost give, "maybe you shouldn't-" Vetra goes to protest but Taliyah shakes her head.

"I'm not giving up, Vetra," she snaps, "If roles were reversed and you were in my spot and the Archon had Sid, would you not be doing exactly what I'm doing right now?"

Taliyah looks over at Vetra, who remains silent, before nodding, "I guess you're right, Taliyah," she says softly and Taliyah goes back to the consol. This time, sparks leap out at her and Taliyah stumbles.

"You brave, brave girl," Jaal says, though he worries for her safety. Taliyah then takes a deep breath and tries the consol again. Third times a charm, right?

The door slides open and Taliyah puts her weight on the consol for support as a breath of relief escapes her. She then pushes off of it and starts walking towards the exit.

She goes to ask if there are any remnant in the vicinity, but remembers that she doesn't have SAM anymore and that causes pain to flood through her.

She closes her eyes, feeling the tears threaten to spill. She never expected to become as close to SAM as she did. To her, he was like a piece of her father, and that comforts her. Even now.

Jaal and Vetra watch Taliyah with worried expressions, though they can't deny that she has a lot of perseverance. Though they could both tell that Taliyah's walls were cracking and it wouldn't take much for them to come crumbling down.

Jaal wanted to hold her close, comforting her that everything is going to be alright, that he's there for her, no matter what. He hated seeing her like this and wish he could take that burden for himself.

They finally make it to where the Tempest landed and Lexi immediately runs towards Taliyah, "You need to stop dying and coming back," the asari scolds, checking Taliyah's vitals.