Not so bad after all

Comments and votes are greatly appreciated.

'To keep a new friend, never break with the old.'

-Russian Proverb

Kaylee's pov

The loud belting rhythm of Justin Bieber's 'smile' woke me up out of my relaxing slumber. For some reason that's the only thing that could wake me up in the morning without getting a good telling off. Mind you i am not a Bieber fan and definitely didn't have the fever!

It was Monday. First day of the hell hole i called school. I wish i could just get a remote and rewind back to the day i stopped calling Toby and redo it all over again.

I closed my eyes and tried to think of something peaceful like birds and rainbows to lull me back to sleep again. I gave up after 2 minutes and hauled myself out of bed like a 90 year old drunk person.

Yeah. It was that bad.

I couldn't ignore the nagging voice in my head that wouldn't stop thinking about Toby.

Toby.Toby.Toby

This boy-no man- that i new like my favorite song. The words so easy and unforgettable that i didn't even need the beat. Now they were hard to comprehend and somehow i was always off beat and forgetting some of the words too. The regret of blowing him off all those years ago felt like a grenade searing through my chest without the slightest mercy.

Ok that was a little melo-dramatic but that was truly how i felt!

I also couldn't forget the way his deep voice uttered my childhood nickname.

Little Red.

I used hate when he used to call me that and tease me because of my red hair. Thank Buddha i don't have freckles. Now i can't seem to get enough of the horrid name.

UGH! this was like an itch that no matter how hard or how much i scratched just wouldn't cease.

GAH! i sat there sulking for about 5 minutes before i got up and started collecting the necessities i needed for my shower.

I stepped into the steaming hot water and sighned contently. This is certainly one way to give my mind a vacation of the soap opera that was called my life and erase the last of my sleepiness.

After i was squeaky clean and all that good stuff, i blow dried my hair and applied light, natural make-up to my face. When that was taken care of i skipped into my humongous closet and examined my clothes like a FBI agent at the scene of a crime. I was a girl on a mission.

I laughed at that thought. Whoo, i cracked myself up sometimes!

I picked through my clothing and not 10 minutes later i had completed a masterpiece.

I was torn between going for the sexy schoolgirl look or the cute and bubbly look.

I decided to stick with cute and bubbly.

Said outfit consisted of a short denim skirt paired with a purple loose fitting- off- the- shoulder top with my favorite pair of gladiator sandals. To complete my masterpiece i chose to wear a pair of hoop earrings and some bangles and a long purple necklace that almost touched my belly button.

Mission completed.

I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen happily. I had decided while taking the short walk to the kitchen that i would make the best of this day and try to enjoy it.

"Hello my lovely parents. Brother." I greeted them pleasantly. My parents just stared at me like i had 8 heads and a finger growing out of my nose while my brother narrowed his eyes at me saying,