4

When I opened my bedroom door, I found him on the phone crying. He hung up and just stood there. I ran over to him,

"What's wrong?" I said sympathetically. He looked me in the eyes and said,

"Grayson, he um," he cut himself off and scratched his head, "he's drinking again."

I looked at him confused, as I didn't know much about Grayson.

"Ever since he started drinking, it's become a habit. A really bad one." He said as he cried even more.

"Don't cry, Ethan, don't cry. I'm right here." I said as I hugged him. This is a side of him I didn't think I'd ever see. He cried louder and I squeezed him tighter.

"Ethan, please, please, stop crying. I promise he will get better." I said getting choked up.

What Ethan didn't know is that my dad is an alcoholic, a pretty bad one I might add. So I know what he's going through. I let go of him and wiped his tears.

"Come on, we are going to get him" I said dragging him by the arm.

"No, we've both been drinking." He screamed.

"Ethan I've only had two and that party is right around the block." I said. He nodded his head and followed me to my car.

We pulled up at the party and I went in while Ethan stayed in the car, still crying. I found Grayson, drunk of course. I took his drink out of his hand,

"Hey! Who the fuck do you think you are?" He said before looking at me,

"Oh, hey Kaila." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Come on, you're coming with me." I said dragging him.

"Fuck no. I'm just getting started." He mumbled while tripping over his own feet.

"Grayson, get the fuck out of this damn house! Your fucking brother is outside in my car balling his eyes out! How could you be so damn selfish?! I'm trying to fucking help you before you screw up shit with your family! Now get your ass outside right fucking now!" I screamed in one breath it seemed like.

The whole party got quiet and Grayson pushed me aside and walked out. I followed quickly behind.

"Why the fuck would you bring her into this shit, Ethan?! She is just some fucking girl who has no fucking right to be in our business!" Grayson yelled opening the passenger car door.

"Grayson, stop it. You don't mean that. She's not just so-", Grayson cut him off. "Ethan don't even say that, you've never been able to stay with one girl, shit, you probably fuck more than 5 a week. How many this week, Ethan? I can't even imagine how dirty your fucking dick is. Even if you did like her, I doubt she'd want STDs." Grayson said laughing with no remorse and intentions to keep going. By this time the whole party was outside. I looked at Ethan and he was looking down trying not to cry.

"Enough, Grayson!", I yelled tackling him.

"Oh, I could get use to this!" He said flipping me over so he was on top of me. Ethan ran over and pushed him off.

"Fuck you Grayson, find your own damn way home, come on Kaila." He said helping me up.

We got in the car and I drove to my favorite spot. It was a hill that looked over the city. I put the car in park, got my blanket out of the trunk, placed it on the grass, and sat down. Soon, after Ethan followed. I started crying.

"What's the matter" he asked worried. I looked up at him.

"I hate being that way, I hate yelling and being mean. I've had to do that all my life with my father, and it sucks." I cried and he pulled me in close. We laid down and he played with my hair.

"It's not true, not true at all what Grayson said, he just says stuff like that." He said.

"I know" I said playing with his shirt.