7

I woke up in the hospital waiting room with Ethan sitting beside me. I remembered what happened.

"Where is he?" I screamed.

"He's fine." Ethan flinched. He got up and I followed him to the room. He was asleep with a lot of bruises, burns, and cuts.

The doctor walked in "Are you Kaila?" He asked

"Yes I-" the doctor cut me off "Well who's he? He will have to leave." He stated.

"Oh, that's my boyfriend. He's fine." I lied but kind of wanted it to be true.

"Alright, well your dad is okay. I'm sorry to inform you of this but he killed two people when he tried to avoid the tree and because he was under the influence, he is being charged with manslaughter. He will be sent to prison for 10-15 years, I'm so sorry." The doctor said sympathetically.

I ran outside to the parking lot bursting into tears and screaming. I heard footsteps and turned to see Ethan. I ran towards him and he held me really tight.

"I'm sorry, Kaila." He said crying.

"You don't understand," I pulled away from him. "He killed my mother. He got in a car crash and went into on coming traffic with her in the car. I had the chance to be adopted by a fitting family but instead I stayed to take care of him and let my little brother get adopted. I went into foster care until I was 14, when he got me back. He said he went to rehab and was better. Of course the next week he was drinking again." I told him trying not to have a panic attack.

"Hey, listen to me," he said looking me in the eyes, " I'm here for you and I'm not going anywhere. You have made me feel so different and I know that sounds cheesy and ridiculous but I can't help it. Before we moved here, my parents divorced and I immediately turned to drinking, drugs, and sex. Sometimes I was drunk, high, and having sex with girls all at the same time. I couldn't even tell you their names if I wanted to not even their hair color. I was labeled "The Bad Boy". I haven't done any of that since I laid eyes on you, Kaila. I love you..........."He said passionately.

I walked away my heart beating out of my chest. I turned around and he was looking at me. I laughed and walked fast until my lips were against his.

I have never felt a kiss so special.