Ch 1: Annabelle

Quick Note: This first part is told in Annabelle's perspective.

I walked across the brick pathway making sure to avoid the patches of ice. I was heading towards the small abandoned log cabin that sat near the edge of the woods. I was going to meet William there but something told me he was going to be late today.

***

I arrived at the door of the log cabin twenty minutes later, the sun was shining through the clouds and as I turned to walk into the cabin I noticed that the door was locked. I pulled at the door and it wouldn't budge, then suddenly the door opened harshly. I didn't recognize the woman standing at the door I looked up at her, from the ground. She looked angered and frustrated. I quickly got up from the snow and extended my hand.

"I suppose you are the girl that the boy was looking for." Her eyes were flickering with anger and her voice held a tone of disgust.

"I don't know."I said as I heard a loud grunt and I saw a man or a large boy about my age dragging William across the snow. I took a few steps forward to see William. Then man threw him aimlessly onto a pile of wood. I saw the other half of William's face. It was covered in snow and blood; it looked as if he had been brutally beaten. William didn't move, and I stood frozen.

"Do you know him?" the woman said as she turned to look at me, this time with an evil smile. I quickly turned and ran back towards the palace I ran down the brick road. I quickly hopped over the patches of ice. I turned to look back at the cabin and the woman was standing at the cabin with a boy. Her larger son was charging after me. I felt tears stream down my face, William was dead and if I couldn't make it to the steps of the town before that vicious beast, I would be dead as well. I ran as fast I could, I was tripping on my long winter dress as I stepped over the ice patches. I turned to see if there was a long enough distance between the man and myself to make it to the town safely.

There was enough space between us; I was going to make it to the stairs on time. When I turned around I found myself at the bottom of the steps; I took my final jump and slipped on the frozen ice. I let out a screech as I fell right on the corner of the steps. My face felt bloody and I felt cold. I saw the man stare at me I heard a woman scream in horror. That was when everything went black.

****

Quick note: That first part is from Princess Annabelle. The rest of the story will be in Princess Marie Amelia's point of view. Sometimes it will go back to Princess Annabelle's perspective but I'll let you know.

"Your Majesty's the princess. She. She is. She is dead." I was sitting next to my mother and father in the common room when the guards came running in. My parents were lost of words.

They asked my ladies maids to escort me out of the room but before they could reach me I ran forward and starred at the guard with wide eyes.

I felt my eyes fill with tears and I began to cry, one of my maids pulled my hand and I let myself be led out of the room. I turned my head at the door before exiting the room and I saw more guards bring in a large man he was locked in shackles and he was being pushed and kicked.

This could only mean one thing, he had killed my sister.

I quickly ran back into the room.

"What did you do to my sister?" I cried out as the guards warned me to step back. I was inches away from his cold hard face and I yelled out at him once more. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!"

I had lost all sanity and all patience, I slapped the man and I heard all of my ladies maids and my mother gasp at the site of this.

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and attempted to shake him around. "I HATE YOU!" My teenage arms were nowhere as strong as his. He didn't move at all when I tried to shake him. I was furious that he wouldn't answer or even look at me. The guards pulled me back and I tried to resist being taken away.