Chapter Four - New Mentality

When we got back to the Mansion, we were greeted by Toby and Clockwork. "So? How'd it go?" Toby asked eagerly.
"She fucking beheaded the dude, man," Jeff answered me.
"Damn," Clockwork interjected. "That's dark, even for Jeff. I think you might just knock him off of his pedestal."
"Shut your damn mouth," Jeff snapped in an attempt to defend his pride.
"You know it's true," Toby snickered.
"Seriously dude, shut the fuck up." Jeff stormed up the stairs up to our bedroom. Was he really that jealous of me? I was quite flattered, though I felt quite bad.
"Anyway, (y/n), how did it feel?" asked Clockwork.
"Fucking amazing. The sound it made was so... satisfying." I had finally snapped. I was no longer the girl I was before. I had a newfound thirst for blood and I was already excited for my next kill. I wanted to do it differently this time. Something more creative. 'Torture sounds like fun,' I thought. 'I imagine Jeff would appreciate helping too.' "Do you know what it sounds like when you cut someone's vocal chords and they try to scream? It's like this crazy wheezing noise. They're trying so hard to scream, but to no avail."
"Gross," Toby said. "Even I don't think I could handle that.
"To each his own," I said. "I'm exhausted. Goodnight, guys."
"Night," Toby and Clockwork said in unison.
I went upstairs to my bedroom and gently knocked on the door. "Jeff? Can I come in?" I asked politely.
"I guess," he mumbled. Jeff was laying on his air mattress, blankly staring up at the ceiling.
"I'm sorry they acted that way.."
"It's fine. Maybe they're right. Maybe you are better than me."
"Remember what you asked the other night? If I wanted to team up with you? I said yes. Meaning we're a team, Jeff. And I intend to keep it that way. Honestly, I don't know if I would've been able to handle that myself. I'm not exactly an expert at this kind of thing yet. The fact that you easily walked me through everything just proves that you're a good leader."
"Maybe you're right," he said. "I mean, I'm perfect regardless of what anyone thinks."

"Maybe so," I said, fueling his enormous ego. "But on another note," I said, "I have a proposition to make."

"What is it?"
"Are you up for torturing someone?"