Chapter Fourteen - The Happiest Day of My Life

Months had passed after we killed Jane. And frankly, they were the best few months of my life. Toby and Natalie were better than ever, and it made me so happy to see them together. Jeff and I were even more in love than before and we made sure to make the most of it. Who knows what could happen? As much as I hate to think about it, with the life we live, there's always the risk of something horrible happening to one of us. "(y/n)," Jeff said, "let's go on a date tonight. We haven't gone out in weeks."
"Okay, love," I said, "where do you wanna go?"
"You'll see. Just make sure you dress nice." Jeff smirked and kissed me on the cheek. What was he planning on this time? Jeff is full of surprises which is one of the many reasons I love him more than life itself.

Jeff took me to dinner at this insanely nice Italian restaurant. Me being the picky eater I am, got some fettucini alfredo and wine. Jeff got the same and we ate our dinner together, telling each other how much we love one another. Jeff's appearance obviously made people uncomfortable as the room slowly cleared of any signs of life aside from us and the employees working there. "Well," Jeff said, "looks like we're alone now."
"Mhm," I nodded my head, smiling.
"Let's go to the amusement park," Jeff said.
"But I can't ride stuff in this outfit."
"Don't worry," Jeff said, "I always come prepared."
Jeff held up my purse and showed that he put a spare change of clothes in it. "Awe, you're such an amazing boyfriend."

Jeff and I arrived at the amusement park and paid our admission fees, then looked at all the rides in the distance in awe. "What should we ride first?" Jeff asked me excitedly.
"Hmm," I said as I scanned the rides closest to us. "Let's ride that." I pointed to a huge roller coaster that looped numerous times. It appeared to be the kind that your feet hung out of too - my favorite.

Jeff and I rode rides for hours, milking the euphoric adrenaline rush we got out of it. "Before we leave," Jeff said, "I wanna ride one more thing."
"But we've ridden everything except for the kids rides and and the ferris wheel."
"Exactly." Jeff grinned at me and pulled me into the line at the ferris wheel. This was one of those huge ferris wheels that gave you plenty of room to move around in. Jeff and I got into our own seats and waited for the ride to start. Jeff kissed me over and over again, telling me how much he loves me.
"I love you too, Jeff," I giggled. "What's gotten into you? You're being cuter than usual; if that's even possible."
"Well," he said, "here goes nothing." As our little cage approached the top, Jeff stood up and got down on one knee in front of me. "(y/n), you have made such an impact on my life. You've been there for me when I've had no one else. Your smile makes me feel weightless, your touch makes me feel like I'm flying. You've always defended me and been a shoulder for me to cry on. And I've always done the same for you. Your beautiful face gives me a will to live, a reason to wake up in the morning. You're the most gorgeous thing I've ever laid my eyes on and I want to keep that forever. My life got a hundred times better when you said yes that day; when you said you love me too. I've never felt this way before. That said," Jeff pulled a small black box out of his pocket and opened it, showing a gorgeous diamond ring. "(y/n) (l/n), will you marry me?"