Chapter Seven - Love?

Cleanup was a bitch, even though we covered everything in plastic. First off, my hair was soaked in blood. It looked like I had just gone swimming for hours and decided not to wash my hair after. It was disgusting. But to my surprise, it appeared that Jeff's hair had been untouched. "Let me touch your hair," I requested.
"What? Why?" Jeff said with a worried expression on his face.

"Because I wanna see if yours is as soaked as mine."

"Okay, fine." I ran my fingers through Jeff's hair. Not to my surprise, it was completely dry. But I was surprised, however, at how soft it was. For hair that had been previously on fire, it was insanely soft. It was like several individual strands of silk residing on his head.
Jeff and I continued cleaning up. We cleaned all of our tools, disposed of all of the plastic, and then wiped everything down. After we were done we went to the main hall to find EJ. We found him cleaning various scalpels at the dining room table. "Hey EJ," I said, "I got a present for you!" I handed him the small cooler and he looked inside.
"Awe, thank you so much, (y/n)"
"You're welcome!" I smiled at him and went up stairs to take a shower.

When I got out of the shower I went into my bedroom and saw Jeff playing my XBox. I didn't say anything because I didn't have a problem with it. Given how we're sharing a room, I might as well allow it. What's mine is his. "Hey Jeff," I said, "I wanna go swimming tomorrow."
"Okay. There's a little freshwater spring nearby. No one goes near it because they're scared of us."
"Yay! Can we invite Clocky and Toby?"
"I don't see why not."
"Yay, I'm excited now!"
"Me too. Goodnight, (y/n)." Jeff kissed me on the forehead and drifted off to sleep.

At breakfast, Jeff and I told Toby and Clocky about our plans to go swimming. "Course I wanna go swimming!" Toby yelled.

"As long as I don't get my watch wet.

I put my swimsuit (http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=9761373&.svc=copypaste-and&id=209363512)  on and waited patiently until the others were ready to leave. When we got to the spring, Jeff grabbed my hand and pulled me in. "Holy shit it's cold," I whined.
"You'll get used to it, don't worry." Jeff picked me up and threw me into the cold water.
"You ass," I pouted and splashed him. "We should play chicken!" Everyone looked at me with a confused expression on their faces. They obviously didn't know what that game was. "So what you do is you get four people and you pair up. You sit on your partner's shoulders and then try to knock your opponent off of their partner. It's simple really, but it's a difficult game."
"I like the sound of that. (y/n), get on my shoulders." Clockwork knelt down and I climbed on top. Jeff mounted Toby's shoulders and the game started. Jeff and I pushed at each other for a good minute until we both fell off at the same time. I landed on Jeff, making him blush. I don't know why, but I froze up, just staring into his eyes like they do in cliche romance movies.
"I, uh," I stuttered. "I'm sorry." I quickly got off of Jeff trying to conceal my red cheeks. It didn't work well.
"Awwe, (y/n) is blushing!" Clocky teased.
"Hey guys, watch this," Jeff said. He pulled me close and kissed me. Not on the cheek, not on the forehead, my lips. I blushed a bright crimson as Toby freaked out, telling us to get a room. Jeff pulled his lips away and looked down into my (e/c) eyes, smiling. "I think I love you, (y/n). Be mine?"