Chapter 1: Arriving at Winterfell

(Your POV)
Note: your house's sigil is a fox.

"Father, when will we arrive in Winterfell?" I asked as my father sat me on my horse. "It's a good week's ride to Winterfell. If we don't have any terrible along the way, we'll be there by the week." My father said. I was 9 years old and I have never been outside our castle walls. Father had gotten a raven from Lord Stark, requesting aid from a band of murderers and thieves that had attacked one of the near by villages. Father knew Eddard Stark when he went to fight in Robert's rebellion against the Targaryans. They have been good friends ever since. Father became one of the Starks' banner men shortly there after. I'm my father's only daughter. My brother, Ryon was a man of 19 and would be Lord of Lakeside. My mother died birthing me and my wet nurse left the castle some time ago for reasons unknown to me. Father said that I was to join him and his men to Winterfell saying it would be safer for me. "Ryon, your now Lord of Lakeside until I return. You are responsible for everything that goes on here. Listen to the advisors statements carefully before making a decision." Father said. "I will father. I'll be waiting for your return." Ryon said. Father hugged him. Ryon then turned to me and I cried as he hugged me. "It's alright sweet sister. I'll always be here for you." Ryon said. Ryon helped me onto my horse and gave me a pendant.

 Ryon helped me onto my horse and gave me a pendant

"It was mother's. You should have it. She would've wanted you to have it." Ryon said. "Thank you." I replied. I then followed Father out the castle gate.

About an hour into the ride I started wondering if Eddard Stark had children my age or if he had children at all. "Father?" "Yes, little fox." Father said. "Does Lord Stark have any children?" I asked. "Yes he does. Lord Stark had 5 children including his bastard son." Father replied. "Are any of them my age?" "Yes, two. His son Robb and his bastard Jon. Their both good lads. I think you'll like them." I smiled. At least I won't be alone. I thought. We rode till the sun fell in the east. Father tied the horses to a tree and started a fire. A couple of Father's men went hunting and killed some rabbits and made a stew for our supper. The stew was delicious. The meat melted in your mouth and it was perfectly spiced. After I finished my bowl, a howling noise come over us like a shush in the night. I jumped and shook with fear. "You sleep, (y/n). I'll keep you safe." Father said. I stood up, grabbed a blanket and laid down beside my father. I starred into the fire as the howling continued. Father began humming a song and I fell asleep within minutes.

I woke up to my father and his men packing things up. "Good morning little fox." Father said. "Morning father." I replied. I got up and helped my father finish packing. Father helped me onto my horse and then we continued our journey to Winterfell. By midday we came to a little creek. We stopped to watered the horses. It was cold. I shivered as I led my horse to the creek. Father brought out my winter cloak and placed it on my shoulders. "Thank you Father. Where are we?" I asked. "We are on the Kingsroad heading north. We're still a few days away from Winterfell." Father said. "What's Lord Stark's children like?" I asked. "All Lord Eddard Stark's children are kind and fair children. His youngest son, Brandon is only a few weeks old. He mostly stays with Lady Catelyn. Robb and Jon like to get into trouble every now and then but their good lads. Sansa is a few years behind you and mostly stays within the walls of Winterfell. And Arya stays with Lady Catelyn or her wet nurse." Father replied. We got back on our horses just as it started snowing. I smiled. I've always liked seeing snow. It's cold beauty is just so breathtaking and some of my best memories are of me and my friend (f/n) played in the Godswood. I held out my hand to gather some of the snowflakes, laughing as I grew more happy.