Chapter 9: Trouble on the Road

(Your POV)

I Rode for a week before my horse up and died. I then became the long walk to Castle Black, the long walk. I walked and walked, hiding from anyone that would recognize me if any at all. I soon came across a little farm. The farm had horses and sheep. A girl was watering the horses and sheep. Her father, I think, was feeding them. Hungry and cold, I walked up to the little farm. I approached them with caution. "Hello?" They turn and faced me. "What do you want?" The man asked. "I just want some food and some Shelter for the night. My horse died a while back. I'd really appreciate your help." I said. The man looked at the girl then back at me. "What's your name miss?" He asked. "Maria. Maria Snow." I said. I don't want to give them my real name. "Petre. This is my daughter Heila. My wife died 2 years back. The only room we have is in the stable.." "that will be fine." I said. "Heila, why don't you go start supper." Petre said. Heila nodded then ran to the house. "She's been quite since her mother passed. But she's a good girl and she has her mother's cooking skills." "I'm sure she is." I said.

(Time skip: Nightfall)

I thanked Petre and Heila for the meal and went to the stable to rest. I tossed and turned for a while before I heard horses riding up to the house. I took a look through one of the cracks of the wall and saw 3 men. They knocked on the door and Petre opened it. "Can I help you gentlemen?" He asked. I couldn't pick up what they were saying. "I'm afraid I can't help you. I've never heard of her." "Oh really now. Then why is your table set for three people?" The middle man said. "I had a friend over for supper. She left a few hours ago." Petre said. I heard the men laugh. "Lair." The man said. The then stabbed Petre with his sword. I heard Heila scream. Heila tried to run for the stable. "Look what we got here. A sweet little puppet." The left man said. The laughed once more before the started ripping off her dress. I grabbed my sword and ran towards them. "Leave her alone!" I demanded, holding my sword up. "Woman shouldn't play with such dangerous weapons. Hand over the sword and she'll be left alone." He falsely said. "No you won't." I said. "I give you my word." "Your word doesn't mean shit." I said. He chuckled. "Smart one. But you forgot one thing. We outnumber you." They all started making their way towards me. I held my ground, standing ferm like Jon taught me. The middle man and right man swing at me. I docked in the right man sword landed in the gut of the middleman. "You little bitch!" The left man said. The left man swing at me. I blocked his strike but he was stronger then me. He kicked me to the ground and swung, I blocked and kicked his balls. He grunted in pain as I stabbed him through the gut. Blood sprayed onto me. He fell on top of me but I was able to get him off. The right man charged towards me, sword in the air. I ducked left of his swing and cut his left ankle. He tried to stab me but I cut his throat instead. I got up, panting. I looked over at Heila who was crying at her father's body. I walked over to her and knelt besides her. "He was a good man. You know, I lost my father at a young age as well. But the last thing he told me was that even if he's not here beside me physically, he was there beside me in my heart." I said. Heila looked at me. "Your father will always be with you. And your mother too." I said. She wiped away her tears. "Thank you." She said. I helped her bury her father and burn his killers. I afforded her to come along with me to Castle Black but she wanted to stay here. I said my goodbyes and went on my way to Castle Black.

(Jon's POV)

When I returned back from Hardhom, I learned Maester Ayman died in his sleep. Sam heald the funeral and made sure he'd never become the undead. Ser Davos stayed behind and kept coming to me to try and talk the wildlings into fighting for Stanis. I kept telling him over and over again that the wildlings won't fight for Stanis. I went back to my chambers and I couldn't stop thinking about (y/n) and what she would say in these times. I could really use her advice and hear her voice again.