Chapter 2: Love Finds It's Way In

(Your POV)
~5 months later~

Father and Lord Stark have yet to return to Winterfell. I was in the court yard watching Robb and Jon practice sword fighting. Jon and I have become close friends during my stay here in Winterfell to much of Lady Catelyn's dismay Jon and I played together offen. "Their back! Lord Stark has returned!" One of the gatekeepers said. Robb, Jon and I ran to meet them at the gate. As they entered Winterfell, I searched for my father. Robb greeted his father while me and Jon continued to look for my father. When I did not see him a went up to Lord Stark with Jon by my side. "Lord Stark? Where is my father?" I asked. Lord Stark looked at me with saddened eyes. "What is it father?" Robb asked. "Boys, head inside. I have to speak with Lady (l/n) alone." Lord Stark said. The boys hesitated for a bit before heading inside.

"Where's my father, Lord Stark?" I asked again. Lord Stark knelt down in front of me. "I'm sorry little one. Your father will not be returning to Winterfell I'm afraid." Lord Stark said. I started tearing up. "What do you mean he not coming back? Did he go back home? Why did he leave me here?" I asked. "Your father did not leave for Lakeside. He was killed on the battlefield I'm afraid. He was still alive when I found him. He asked me to look out for you. I've already sent a Raven to your brother explain everything." Lord Stark reach into his saddle bag and took out a piece of paper with my father's unbroken Seal on it. "Your father wrote you this before he passed." Lord Stark handed me the message. I opened it.

To my Little Fox,

   I'm afraid I won't be seeing you again. I've told Lord Stark to look after you for me. I'm sure your brother will be wanting you home but there is no one that I would trust more to raise my beloved daughter then Lord Stark. Lakeside will always be your home, don't forget that. Your mother would be proud of you being as smart and as clever as she was. I'm proud to call you and Ryon my children. I may not be with you physically but I will always be in your heart.

Cleverness above all. Don't forget our words.

~Lord Ethen (l/n)

Tears fell onto the paper. I held the letter to my chest. Lord Stark stood and placed his hand on my shoulder. "I and Catelyn will looks after you until the day comes and we'll send you back to Lakeside. Once we hear from your brother, I'll take you to see him." Lord Stark said.

(6 years later)

It's been 6 years since my father passed away. Lord Stark has taken me to see my brother at least 3 times a year. Sansa, Arya and I were in our lessons, sewing a small tapestry. I was wearing a deep blue dress.

Septa was a kind but strict lady

Septa was a kind but strict lady. She often got after Arya and I for not acting like proper ladies. Arya and I wanted to sword fight with the boys and often we'd sneak out at night and practice shooting arrows and sword fighting. I was 14 years old now and I've had my first blood. Lady Catelyn is talking about finding me a husband. Lord Stark asks me often if I think I'm ready to go back home. I didn't want to leave Winterfell. It's been my home for 6 years now. Lakeside will always be my true home but if I go back, I'd feel like a stranger in the castle.

After my lessons, I went to find Jon. Jon was the only person who I could tell everything to. I trusted him. I found him and Robb 'sword fighting' again. I sat down by the stables to watch when Theon came up to me. "Mind if I sat?" He asked. "Go right ahead." I said, watching Jon. Theon sat down and leaned back. "You know you grew to be very beautiful right?" Theon said. "Thanks. I'm flattered. But I'm sure your flatteringly will get you nowhere." I said. "Come on now. I thought you women liked flatteringly." Theon said. "I don't care for it. If someone wants to compliment me that's fine but, there's only one thing that will get my attention." I said, looking at Jon. "And what is that? Gifts?" Theon asked. "It's the person's actions." Theon looked surprised yet shocked by my answer. "Actions speak louder then words." I added. It was silent for a moment until I suddenly felt a hand on my thigh, rubbing up and down. "Then why don't I show you how good I can be." He said. I placed my hand on his and move it to his leg. "No thank you. I have no interest in that. Greyjoy." He moved closer to me and pulled me in. "Come on now love. I can show you a real good time." "No Theon." I said, pushing him away this time. He just grabbed me tighter. "I wont ask again. Come on now. You'll like it." I struggled to get free from him but Theon was stronger then I was. As a fought him I felt myself being pulled away from Theon and into the arms of someone else. "She's not some common whore you can do whatever you like to." Ser Rodric said, walking away. Theon looked at the ground. "If you want that so much go to the brothel. (Y/n) isn't someone you toy with." Robb said. I looked up to see that I was in Jon's arms. "Jon." I said. Jon was angry. "And what are you going to do about it Snow?" Theon challenged as he stood. "Theon stop this nonsense at once or so help the gods when my father finds out what you've done." Robb's voice said as he approached. "He already has." Lord Stark said. I looked to see him over head on the over look. Theon went from showing off to defeat in less than a second. "Lord Stark. I didn't..." "Theon spear me your words. You will not touch Lady (l/n) like that again and if you do and do anything to her. I will not hesitate to send you to the wall." Lord Stark said. "Yes my lord." Theon said. "Now get back to what your supposed to be doing." Lord Stark said. We watched as Theon went back to the castle. Jon still held me in his arms. After Greyjoy was out of view, Jon let me go. "Your not hurt are you?" Jon asked. "No I'm not. Thank you Jon." I said. Jon smiled a bit. "If he touches you again..." "he'll deal with me Jon." "But father.." "but nothing Jon, now get back to practicing. You too Robb." Lord Stark said. Jon hesitant but went back to sword fighting. I looked at Lord Stark. "If Theon tries anything like that again don't hesitate to come to me." He said. "Thank you Lord Stark." I said. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "You know I see you as one of my daughters. And I'll do anything to protect my family." He said. He took his leave and I looked at Jon. Jon looked back at me and smiled slightly then continued training.

Jon found me by the Godswood, looking into the pond. I didn't notice him until he spoke. "I knew I could find you here." He said. I looked up at him and smiled, heart pounding. "You know me better then anyone." I replied. Jon sat beside me, still looked upset. "What's wrong?" I asked. "It's....It's nothing." Jon said but I saw through that. "It's not nothing. Spill it." I said. Jon took a deep breath. "What Theon did to you. He shouldn't have touched you." He said, anger in his voice. My heart increased in Speed. "It was very rude of him. He may be Balon Greyjoy's only living son but he acts like a lowborn." I said. "Still he should have never put his hands on you. You deserve better then that. Someone who you trust and cares for you." Jon said, lowering his gaze. I look at Jon with curious eyes. I felt my heart fluttering. I never realized how handsome Jon grew up to be. His black curly hair waved in the calm breeze. I wanted to stay with Jon forever and never part from him. I've never felt this feeling before and I wanted him all for myself. I gently pulled Jon's face to look at me. "I won't let any man touch me....except for you." I said. Jon looked at me like he couldn't believe what I just said. I placed my forehead against his. "I trust you more then anyone. I know Lady Catelyn wants to marry me off to a Lord but I don't want a Lord. I want you." I said. Jon sighed and I looked at him. "Lady Stark won't let us be together. She hates me. Always have. Always will." Jon said. "I don't care. she doesn't like you, so be it. I will refuse to get married to anyone else." I said. Jon gently cupped my cheeks with his hands. "I want us to be together, but your destined to be married to a Lord." He said. I placed my hand on top of his. Tears began to fall. "But I won't let that happen. Not while I'm breathing. You and I will be together. No matter what." Jon said, wiping away my tears with his thumb. I smiled at him. Jon leaned over and kissed me. He tasted so sweet like honey. I didn't want it to stop but I had to breath. Jon took me into his strong arms and held me close.