Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

I looked around the room searching for something to distract me from all the noise brought about by the students. And there I saw him. He looked dashing in a red shirt and faded jeans attire. He was looking at me now with his wide blue eyes, it made you think they were oceans. I was so embarassed by being caught I looked away. I felt blood rise to my cheeks. Seconds after he was sitting on the chair in front of me. "Hi! You're new here, aren't you? I couldn't find my voice to speak. I was too embarass to talk to him.

"Oh, I get it. You don't talk to strangers. Well, I am Gabriel Kristian Reynolds. But my friends call me Kristian." He sounded very friendly, maybe he didn't really see me looking at him.

"I am Elizabeth. Elizabeth Browns. And you're right, I am new here." "Browns? Are you the daughter of Dr. Stefan Browns? The new doctor at the hospital?"

"Yeah. I am. How did you know about that?" "Its a small town. Everyone knows everything. So welcome to Springfield High School. And have a great year."

And he stood up and went back to chat with his friends. During lunch, I saw him on a crowded table in the center of the cafeteria. He had his arm around a blonde girl with lips as red as rose and a body of a supermodel. "That might be his girlfriend or something." I thought. It wasn't any of my business what their relationship was so I continued searching for a vacant table and finished my lunch. "He was just very friendly to me. It had no other meaning. I shouldn't even care, he's just a friend and he has a girlfriend." I thought to myself again and again.

My first day went without a glitch. Kristian kept running through my mind all day long. He was in my History class with Mr. Velez and my English class with Ms. Clapton. He sat beside me in every class we had. I was blushing like crazy. He was very kind to introduce me to all his friends. I opened the door to my parents' house with the duplicate key my mom gave me earlier this morning. Technically it's their house since they're the ones who bought it. On my way up to my room, the telephone rang. Who could that be?

"Hello, good afternoon. Browns residence. This is Elizabeth speaking. How may I help you?"

"Good afternoon, Elizabeth. This is Kristian."

"Kristian?" What the-? Where did he get my number?

"Yeah. Kristian Reynolds, remember? We have English and History together."

"Yes. I remember. How did you know my home number? I don't remember giving it to you."

"My mom went to your dad at the hospital and he gave her his calling card. And my mom placed it near our telephone. I was going to call a friend when I saw it and I remembered you so I dialled the number. I'm not a stalker or anything."

"I wasn't thinking of anything like that. So why did you call?"

"Oh. Umm. I wanted to, umm, ask how your first day was?"

"That's all?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. My first day was wonderful, thank you for asking. The students were great." What I really meant was you were great.

"That's good. I, uh, saw you at lunch today. Sorry I didn't sit with you. I couldn't get out."

"You don't have to apologize to me, Kristian. I understand. You can't always sit with me. You have your friends. And besides you can't abandon yout girlfriend for me."

"Girlfriend? I don't have a girlfriend."

"The blonde girl you were sitting with? You had your arm around her."

"That's not my girlfriend. She's Christine. She's my friend."

"Okay. Whatever you say. I've got to go do my homework."

"Okay. See you tomorrow, Elizabeth."

"See you tomorrow, Kristian." I was jumping with relief. He didn't have a girlfriend. I was on top of the world with joy. I did my homework and I slept, hoping that he going to be in my dreams.

********************************************************************************************************

 Throughout the Story there might be some typos and I apologize for them . :) 

~please vote and comment