Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

I was on my way to my History class when I heard my name being shouted. "Elizabeth!" That voice made me want to melt and run away at the same time. I turned to him, as if nothing was wrong.

"Kristian."

"Thank you for telling me to talk to her. It was so worth it. And now you want details right?"

"Not really." "Are you sure because if I remember correctly you asked for details?"

"Oh. Yeah. I did say that." I am such a fool.

"Share what you want to share, Kristian. I don't want to force you or anything."

"You're my best friend. You're not forcing me to do anything. So details. We talked and talked until recess was over so we both had to go to our classes. But it happened that we went together."

I walked to the room faster than he did and when we got to our seats he continued talking about Alicia and I was no longer paying attention to him. Instead, I tried as hard as I could to listen to the lecture of Mr. Velez. The bell rang and Kristian still wasn't done talking! He just spent an hour talking about Alicia! "Kristian. You really like her now, don't you?"

"Yeah. Definitely. She's really good. She's smart, pretty, talented. Did I tell you she can sing and dance and act?" Oh. So she's everything to you now. How convenient. You find someone new and you forget about me. Now I'm really hurt, big-time.

"If you really like her then go for it." I paused. Why did I suggest that? Now he's just going to do that. I am such a sadist.

"Maybe she can be your new girl now." I mumbled and walked away. When I got home, I ran straight to my room and cried. I cried until I fell asleep.