Chapter 8- the end

Classes were finally over and I was ready to go home now when someone called me. "Liz!" It was Kristian calling her name. She didn't know how to respond to him anymore. She kept walking as if she didn't hear Kristian calling her and waited until Kristian reached her.

"Liz, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Hello, Kristian."

"Are you dating Alexander?"

"It's none of your business, Kristian."

"You are my business. Are you dating him or not?"

"Fine. Yes, I am dating him. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Well, not exactly, but your parents. They, uh, told me to take care of you."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I'm going to tell you that I believe you but I really don't. You're a rotten liar, Kristian. So why don't you just tell me the truth. Do you have any objections with me dating Alex?"

"Alex huh?!"

"Are you going to answer or not?"

"Yes."

"Yes, you're going to answer or yes, you have an objection?"

"Yes, I have an objection."

"And what is that?"

"I can't take the idea of you two being together."

"And I couldn't take you being with Alicia."

"You didn't tell me anything."

"You didn't ask me. So whatever happens in my personal life is none of your business."

"I just told you that you're my business. Do I have to say it again? You are my friend which makes you my business."

"You have a lot of friends so that means you have a lot of people to keep an eye on. And howcome I only see one pair of eyes?" I start to walk away.

"Because one eye looks after you and the other looks after my heart." That caught my attention so what I do is I turn around to face him and I saw Alicia running away. I knew in an instant that she heard what Kristian just said. "You don't have to look out for me. I'm doing just fine without you. You should keep an eye on your girlfriend who just heard what you said. Go after her."

I turned away from him and walked out on him which recently isn't a new thing. I've been doing it a lot lately. I have to see Alexander. I needed a friend. Someone to talk to. Someone to lean on. Someone to take the place of Kristian. I dialled his number on my phone and call him. "Alexander, where are you?"

"Liz, I'm on my way home. Why?"

"Wait for me. I need to talk to you." I hung up and ran towards the gate. I see Alexander waiting for me and When I reached him and while we walk home, I tell him about what happened between Kristian and I.

"What do you think?" "He likes you. A lot. And I think that he has for a long time now. And he didn't tell you because he wasn't sure of how you feel about him. So he chose to become your best friend instead and kept it that way, where you two would last longer."

"He should have told me before."

"Maybe you should have done that long ago."

"Its too late for us now."

"And why is that?"

"Because he has Alicia now."

"And why is that such a big deal? Are they married?"