chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Kristian was becoming my best friend. Yet he didn't know that I was falling for him, deeper and deeper. And he probably never will. He sat with me whenever he had the chance. Once during History, Ed, a guy who had red hair, big round glasses, braces and well, you could simply describe him as a geek, sat beside me. When Kristian came in and saw Ed, he didn't tell him to find another seat or anything. Instead he sat at the back where there were two vacant seats and asked me if I wanted to seat beside him and I said yes without doubt. From that day on we sat on those seats every History class. He even left his friends during lunch to sit with me. It was a small gesture but I found it sweet. Once during lunch, he told me not to get a plate.

"But why?" I asked.

"Because I want us to share a plate."

"Kristian! What would the others think?"

"I don't care what they think."

"Well, I do. My parents are going to know about it and they'll think I'm having a boyfriend and my dad would kill me."

"Fine. Whatever."

"Kristian. Please understand." He said nothing in reply."So you're giving me the cold shoulder now? Very mature, Kristian." I felt a tear running down my cheek so I ran out of the cafeteria. I went to the back of the school where I usually went after I ate my lunch. I felt calm there. The cool air was very relaxing.

"I'm sorry, Liz. I shouldn't have acted like that."

"Don't call me that. Only the Kristian who is more understanding can call me that."

"Please forgive me, Liz. It won't happen again."

"I told you not to call me that." I was shouting now.

"Let me explain then, Elizabeth."

"You have ten seconds to give it your best shot or I'm never going to talk to you again. Clock's ticking, Kristian."

"Ten seconds? You can't be serious."

"If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time complaining."

"I am very sorry, Elizabeth. I have no explanation for acting that way. I am also very sorry about complaining. All I know is that I am very sorry and that I don't want to lose you. Ever. I promise you that it won't happen again."

"You're forgiven. On one condition."

"Anything to have you back, Liz."

"Don't hurt me again."

"Of course not."

"Thank you, Kristian."

"You know, we're fighting because of a very small subject." I just laughed not knowing what to reply. And he laughed with me. And the fight was officially over.