Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Weeks after that, she hasn't seen much of Kristian except during first period, which is always Homeroom, History and English. The subjects which they have together. Outside the classroom, they didn't talk anymore. Or she didn't talk to him because all he actually talks about is Alicia. Perfect Alicia. As much as she can, she just avoids him. But lately she keep seeing them together. In the hallways. Cafeteria. Field. Everywhere. And most of those times, they were holding hands. And looking at each other's eyes when they were talking. Very much distracted, I bumped into someone.

"Hey you. Why do seem to keep meeting like this?"

"I really don't know, Alexander. Coincidence. Fate." I just laughed.

"You're laughing. Which means you don't know the news?"

 "What news?"

"Well, its actually around the school now. Kristian and the new girl, Alicia, are together."

"They've always been together, Alexander. That's old news." I'm lying to myself thinking that I didn't know what he meant. When I really do know. So much that I was the one who suggested it.

"I meant together together. Like they're in a serious boy-girl relationship."

"Oh. Then why were you so shocked when I was laughing? Are you saying that I can't be happy for him? He's my best friend."

"Its nothing. Just never mind." And he walked away. But I can't think of him now. I have a few classes to go through before recess. I have to see Kristian then. Before I even knew it, it was time. Time to look for my best friend. Kristian had some serious explaining to do. I was shocked. He didn't even tell me they were already together. As his best friend, didn't I deserve to know? There he is! He was beside his girlfriend.

"Kristian."

"Elizabeth. How have you been?"

"I'm fine. I'd like to speak to you alone, please."

"Yeah, sure." He said to me and he turned to her, and gave her a kiss in the lips. "I think I'm gonna throw up." I mumbled as silent as I could. He ignored me and said to her, "I'll be back soon." He followed me to what used to be our favorite hang-out place.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?"

"That you two are together."

"Oh. So now you're interested about what happens between Alicia and me?"

"I'm your best friend. Didn't I deserve to be the first to know. Or maybe I'm just not your best friend anymore."

"Its not that, Liz. You'll always be my best friend. Its just been off between us lately. You don't listen to what I say when it comes to her. Ever since that day, I feel like you're shutting me off."

"That day? When?" "When you told me to talk to her. That first day."

"I did nothing. I just pushed you to do what you wanted to do. Is that so bad now?"

"Its not bad. I don't even know what happened to you when I went to talk to her. What happened to you back then?"

"Nothing happened to me."

"I know something did and you're not telling me what it is."

"I met someone. And I wanted to share it to you, to talk about it but you wouldn't listen to me because you kept talking about Alicia this, Alicia that. That's it."

"That's it? And that's the only reason you're avoiding me?" I nodded.

"You can tell me now."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because Alicia is waiting for you."

"Next time then. So you're not mad at me anymore?"

"No, I'm not."

"So we're okay now?"

"Yeah. Just like it used to be."

"Come here, Liz.." He pulled me in a hug saying, "I missed you so much, Liz"

"I missed you, too, Kris." You have no idea how much. I now have a huge problem at hand. Who is that someone I met going to be? I kept thinking again amd again until I got home. It could be Ed but its too obvious since we weren't really friends. And besides he's too hard to like. I can't be all goo-goo eyed for him, he's too much of a geek. Alexander. He is perfect. He is a good listener and a friend. Problem solved. I just have to let him know about what I plan to do so that he doesn't get hurt or anything. Tomorrow.