Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

I thought we were going to be more than friends now. But I thought wrong. I was roaming around the school during recess, Monday morning, when I saw Kristian watching a girl from a distance. She was a brunette with very flawless skin who tied her hair in a ponytail. She was wearing a short-sleeved floral dress. "Who's that girl you're staring at as if you're trying to melt her?" I said teasingly.

"I'm not trying to melt her."

"Whatever, Kristian. Just answer the question. Who is she?"

"She is Alicia Smith. She's new. And she's in my Science class."

"Oh." She's new. Just like I used to be. I wasn't considered the new girl anymore since I've been in the school for months now.

"You like her, don't you?" I added, hoping for him to say no.

"She's pretty. And she's smart."

"And you like her." I was trying to sound as supportive as I can. Putting a huge smile on my face in order ro encourage him.

"I'm not sure. I'm attracted to her, yes."

"Then why don't you do your thing?"

"Do what thing?"

"Talk to her. Befriend her. Get to know her. Anything."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm sure. I'm pretty sure she's also into you."

"How do you even know that?"

"Because I'm a girl. And well, she looks at this direction every 10 seconds."

"You're the best, Liz. So I'm going to go talk to her."

"Yeah. Sure. I want details. I am going to go somewhere else to give you guys privacy." He walked towards her. Now he was talking to her, probably asking if he can sit with her because Alicia nodded and Kristian sat next to her. And I am watching their every move when I said I was going to go. And I have to. I can't watch him do this, even if I was the one who encouraged him to do it. I was such a fool. I stood up and walked away. I walked away with a broken heart. I was nearly in tears when I bumped into Alexander whom I had Math with.

"I'm so sorry, Alexander. I wasn't looking."

"Hey there, Elizabeth. It's alright. I wasn't looking either. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm okay. I ... There's just alot on my mind."

"Kristian?"

"No. Of course not. What made you think that?"

"Nothing. Have you been crying?"

"No. Why?"

"Your eyes look kinda wet."

"Really? Wonder how that could be. I gotta go to the comfort room. Bye, Alexander. See you around."

"Yeah. See you." I had to escape. And the comfort room was the nearest escape route. He was too observant. I was trying my hardest not to let the tears fall the entire time I was talking to him.