Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Alexander and I talked and talked to get to know each other. One day, he shared something that really shocked me. "You're gay?!"

"Yeah. I am."

"How long now?"

"I've known about it since I was young, I guess."

"You don't look gay or even act gay for that matter."

"Tons and tons of practice. Don't worry though I'll still help you."

"I guess it would be better if you were gay. I've always wanted a gay friend. And now I have you."

"Hug me."

"Hug you? What do you mean?"

"Kristian is behind you."

"Oh." And I hug him tightly. And he hugs me back. I can feel A pair of eyes watching us from behind, it's probably Kristian. Alexander pushes me away, taking my hand and together we walk to nowhere. "You're a good pretender, Alexander."

"I can say the same thing about you."

"So what's our next move?"

"Anyday now, I'll ask you out on a date."

"Why don't you pick me up tonight at 6 or something?"

"Because I need an audience to carry the news around the school so that Kristian would hear it."

"Okay. Whatever you say, Alex."

"Alex?"

"Your name's too long. And besides, its an endearment that would show we're closer now."

"Then I'll call you, Honeybunch."

"Choose another one. That's too mushy. How about, just Liz?"

"Why didn't I think of that? Isn't that what Kristian calls you?"

"Yeah. Which he would really be pissed at because I'm letting you call me Liz when he said that he was the only one allowed to call me Liz. That's really good. You know, Alex, we sure make a good pair."

"I know." He put his arm around my shoulder and we walk in silence. People are bound to talk at what they see.