Chapter 5: Why does everyone think I'm 25?!

Stardate: 2258.363 (December 29)

I yawned like it was going out of fashion. We were scheduled to go and observe the soon-to-be erupting volcano on a little planet called Nibiru, but that was predicted to be about a month away.

Nyota was six months pregnant! Her and I had become almost inseparable (and her rather large), which was a big change from when I used to think her a bitch. Another big change (not a good one) was that Chekov and I had been fighting a lot, causing me to move back into my apartment.

I got up and made myself a breakfast of banana (yeah yeah I'm lazy) and while I was chewing my first bite, Jim barged in.

With Scotty.

And they were drunk.

At ten in the morning.

"Hello, little lassie!" Scotty slurred. He slung his arm around my shoulder and left me at the mercy of his BO.

"Ew!" I squealed as I jumped away.

"Ah, lassie you're a funny wee one. Ye must be...25 now!" Jim giggled at Scotty.

"I thought so too!" I frowned as Scotty tried to kiss me.

"No! Go away, Scotty, you're nineteen years older than me!" This sobered him up instantly.

"What?" I sighed.

"You. Are. Nineteen. Years. Older. Than. Me."

"I thought it was common knowledge that you were born in 2233! That's what everyone says, at any rate." I frowned.

"They must think me a cradle-snatcher, then, even though I was born in 2241." Scotty nodded and I burst into laughter. I couldn't find it in me to stop, I just laughed and laughed and laughed for like, ten minutes. When I stopped, Jim was eyeing me up and Scotty was finishing off my banana. "Hey! Oh, never mind." I let him eat my breakfast as I tended to Jim. I made him some coffee and sat him down at my breakfast bar (obviously I'd gotten more furniture). He drank the coffee greedily as if it was spiked and I saw the glint of intelligence return to his eyes.

"Oh god, did I try anything? I'm so sorry, Bells." He'd began calling me Bells about two weeks ago when somebody had typoed Bella.

"No, it's fine. You did nothing wrong. Plus, it's not like I don't know how you feel. I'd know you weren't being pervy or sleazy or anything, but genuinely trying to get close to me." He smiled at me and gave me a hug which I gratefully accepted. He pulled away first and sat back on his stool.

"Ah, you two are so cute, with yer loving ways." I frowned at Scotty. I'd legit forgotten he was there.

"Oi, scotch-drinker, why'd you think I'm 25?" Scotty chuckled.

"I'm guessing because two years ago you told everyone ye were 22." I froze. He was actually right. I had told Jim Kirk I was 22 so he'd make out with me and apparently he'd told everyone else...well, that made it strange that Pavel came onto me if he thought I was seven years older than him...I snapped out of my stupor as Scotty left (muttering something about Keenser, a bar and getting some), the sound of the door shutting breaking through my bubble. Jim was where I'd left him though. I sat down on the stool next to him and he turned around in his seat.

"Y'know, Bella I really do love you and I know you're happy with Chekov but if it ends, I'm here. I'll be waiting." And with that he walked out just like Scotty did, so I was left alone in my apartment, looking around at the sleek white walls and the futuristic (well, they weren't futuristic to me) curves to everything. It'd be better if I had someone to share it with, I thought. I sighed as I thought Jim Kirk might share it with me if I asked him...but, then there was the age difference. He was nine when I was born, a legal adult when I myself was nine. But, when it came to love, should something as insignificant as age matter? But then there was Chekov. He was the dark horse in my life; I was never sure if he'd be hot or cold. With Jim I'd have stability, because he was just as much of a whore as I was (meaning we could easily get some if the other cheated) but Pavel was something else. When I was around him I always felt happy. Don't get me wrong, I was totally capable of loving Jim, and at least with him I'd always know I was loved back. I groaned in frustration. A seventeen year old girl shouldn't have to go through these kinds of decisions, especially one with a job at Starfleet. I was considering transferring to the USS Bradbury or something when I noticed someone was at the door ('doorbell'). I pressed the button, causing the door to slide open with it's squeaky-slide noise all doors seemed to have.