Chapter 4

The brown dragon had been flying with the group for a few days now and they had finally found Draehr Sanuwae. Touching down outside the rim the dragons and riders unloaded and laid down for the night while the brown dragon and rider watched the rim and surrounding area. Soon night fell and the moon rose high in the sky shining off the trees casting shadows that hid the group from sight. As the night went on they walked the perimeter of their camp and reached the rim and looked down into it. They would be raiding this place soon so he didn't care what it looked like just as long as he knew where the dragons were. The dragon sat down along the side of the rim blending into the earth with his tail hanging over the side as they waited for the right time to attack. Finally the time came and they walked back to the camp to wake the others. Once they were awake the group separated into two groups: earthen dragons and plant dragons were in the moonlight blending in while all other dragons hid in the shadows on the other side. Then they all flew down silently making no noise and entered the hollow. They went to the nursery first to gather the eggs close to hatching and took them out and went back in. Gliding down once again they went to the yearling dragons hiding in the shadows. As they stepped out to get the first one a roar sounded across the hollow. A giant dragon was looking at the empty nursery. Slowly one by one dragons started to awake and gather around the nursery and yearlings. Inches away the group were in the shadows though one dragon came so close to them that they could feel the hot musty breath of the dragon. As the dragon breathed in it froze and looked in the shadows for them. Glancing right at the brown dragon without knowing it growled and roared. At the roar heads turned and some dragons took flight. While others walked in the shadows as they surrounded the group from the ground and the air giving them no way to escape. The group tightened into a ring with the dragons outside and riders inside. Suddenly there was a squeak and one of the groups dragons that blended in the shadows took off with a dragonet in its claws. All dragon heads turned towards the dragonet watching frozen. Slowly they regained their instincts and they all roared at once lifting off to attack the dragon.