Chapter 8

When all of our Masters came back from the dome they seemed normal but we knew otherwise. One of the Masters had returned carrying a boy who looked to be knocked out and I was curious as to why they took him. It seemed they were curious too for didn't remember anything that had happened. Our Masters decided to take the boy with us. So a nature Master used his magic causing roots to come out and wrap around his wrists. After doing that they threw him in with our King who had woken. He struggled against the chains but was still hopeless and at our mercy. When he felt the contact of the boy he flinched and glared at all of us but mostly me. I turned away from him and faced my Master."What do we do now Master?""We will continue our journey to Rataero's kingdom with our prizes." With that we took off from the ground carrying the dragon and boy now too. We flew in the direction of his kingdom flying nonstop until we reached it. Upon reaching it we headed to the throne room where I was sure Rataero was waiting for us. We landed with a heavy thump from the black dragon in the middle of the room. We all bowed as we waited for our King to address us. Finally he spoke, "Rise Ratarans and report." Our Masters rose from their positions and my Master was the first to step forward. "Master we have done as you have asked. We have brought the eggs. But we also brought along a few prizes that I think you will be most pleased about.""Well don't just stand there show me!" He growled. The Ratarans untied the ropes attached to their dragons used for transport. They let the ropes fall to the ground showing the great black dragon. When Agarick saw the dragon he immediately was alert and growling with content. King looked up at Agarick weak from the chains binding him helpless in his confinements."This My Lord is a very important dragon. For he is the King of Dragons that live at Draehr Sanuwae and maybe farther." At this Rataero's interest grew and he stood and walked over to King."Tell me. How was this beast acquired?" He runs his hand down its side."It was acquired Master with the help of my dragon. It seems that she had a past with him that I did not know about. He raised her after the Great Quake. It was his trust in her that helped us capture him.""Very good." He stops where the back leg was."What's this?" He asks picking up the boy. My Master becomes nervous at this."It's a boy we found along the way My Lord. I think he is to be associated with the new Dragon Keeper." Rataero ponders on this."You did well on this mission. Take this beast and boy to the cells. I will visit them later.""Yes My Lord." All the dragons grab the net that had surrounded the dragon and got ready to leave."Wait." We all stopped and turned to face him."You."He says pointing at me."Stay. I wish to speak with you." I bowed my head and let go of the section of rope I'd been holding and watched as the others carried him to the cell. After they departed Rataero turned his attention to me. "Why didn't you tell us of this King? Why didn't you tell us of how he knew and trusted you? You knew this and didn't tell us. You are loyal to me are you not?" I looked up to see a cold fire blazing in his eyes."Yes.""Yes what?""Yes Master. I am loyal to you and my Master.""I didn't ask if you were loyal to the Rataran. I asked if you were loyal to me. He is not your real Master. I am. He is merely there for orders." The cold fire in his eyes seethed with anger as he stared at me."Since you neglected this information from me their shall be a punishment." I stared at him shocked."You will join the fate of your King in the cells until I deem you worthy to return your services." He sneered at me as he told me of my punishment and I bowed my head once again this time in defeat."Yes Master.""But first. I think Agarick wishes to speak with you." Fear crossed my face as I looked up to see him standing behind the throne. His black body covered in muscles. His claws sharp as knives. He reeked with power and all dragons that served Rataero and him feared him. He slowly walked across the floor towards me his claws clanking on the stone as he walked. He towered over me his shoulders reaching the top of my head. He stood in front of me and lowered his head to meet my gaze. His jaw opened to reveal the sharp teeth within and he let loose a roar shaking the cave and vibrating through my body. I tried retreating from him my body low to the ground. His head stretched forward and he opened his jaws again and wrapped them around the base of my wing. I roared in pain as he clamped down on it breaking it. He lifted me up by my now broken wing and slung me across the room making me hit the wall. I slumped against the wall now completely on the ground as he advanced towards me again. I tried standing up but his tail whipped around knocking by claws out from under me. I was tired from the journey back and this was only making it worse. He lifted a claw over me and swiped it down over me shredding my opposite wing and side. Then suddenly Rataero spoke,"Agarick. I think that's enough." He reluctantly backed off growling at me and turned away. As my vision started to blur I saw Ratarans coming in from the doors and coming towards me. I knew what they were doing but I couldn't move or fight anymore as they threw chains around my body. Now I know just how King felt. Helpless. Not being able to do anything as your being overwhelmed. That was the last thought I had before I slipped into darkness feeling the heavy chains on me.