Soulmates Pt. 1

A/N: Sorry this one gets a little sad and personal... I hope you enjoy anyways! PS I don't mean to make anyone sad by reading this. 

"I don't know why, but at certain times of the day I feel like talking about really deep shit," Suzy said to me. We were the only ones in the office today because the guys left so they could have a "guys day out," so that just left us two. 

"Alright, hit me. What's up?" 

"I know I'm married and all so this doesn't really apply to me, but do you believe in true love? Sorry if it sounds weird to you or anything, but I like to know people's opinions on this."  

"I don't know, and if I do, it sure as hell hasn't happened to me yet." 

"Aw I'm sure it'll happen soon. There's a person out there for everyone!" 

"Yeah and my person's name is The Pizza Guy." 

"Aww come on, (Y/N), be honest with me. It's just us girls here, and you know you can tell me anything." 

"Oh I know that. I just haven't really experienced 'true love' so I can't for sure if it's real or not. I mean I've been in relationships and all, but they were all shitty and I felt nothing so I never felt bad when I dumped those assholes." 

"Wow that's harsh, but it makes sense." 

"It's easy for you to say because you've been with one person your entire life, so you've got everything sorted out." 

"Yes that is true, and I know that the same thing will happen to you... I mean the part about getting everything sorted out because you'll finally be with the person you love most." 

"What if I don't want that because a lot of guys are terrible?"

"Well that may be true... but I know at least one guy that isn't terrible and I'm not talking about Arin."

"Are you talking about Dan then?" 

"How'd you know?" 

"I don't know he just gave off that vibe...and that's wonderful! I'm sure he'll find someone great that isn't me. Plus he's a rockstar wannabe with a desperate need of a haircut."  

"Aww, don't be such a pessimist, (Y/N)! Also aren't you friends with Dan? Maybe you just need to get out there more." 

"I haven't really spoken to him, I don't even think he knows my name. It's not that I don't like him I just don't see him as being my type. And no thanks, I very much enjoy being completely off of all those shitty dating apps and websites. That's a total last resort and that too you always end up finding creeps and weirdos." 

"Well... you're not wrong. Look, I just want you to be happy.. well, happier than you are now." 

"Who says I'm not happy now?" 

"Well for one, you make a face at every couple you see, not including Arin and I or Holly and Ross, you go on about how love is just a way to sell crap on Valentine's Day-" 

"Well it is..." 

"And you avoid watching romantic movies when Arin and I have movie night." 

"Well romance movies aren't particularly my favorite..." 

"Don't forget about the time we all ordered pizza and you stood there having a ten minute conversation with the delivery guy about who knows what." 

That last part made me smile, especially because it's one of the best things I've chosen to do. Delivery boys are under-appreciated for their services.

"Look, (Y/N), it's okay. I'm not forcing you to be in a relationship, especially with someone you don't want to be with." 

I sighed. "Thanks, Suzy. You always know what to say. I'll admit I was being a bit hostile earlier, but maybe all of my past relationships not working out is a sign from the universe that I'm not fit to be in love." 

"Nonsense. Remember that Arin and I started out as friends once and look where we are now!" 

"I guess you guys are really cute together... I'm glad you found your soulmate at least."  

"You'll find yours soon,(Y/N). No matter what, I'm always gonna be your best friend. Even if you choose to stay single forever, or if you adopt a bunch of animals to make up for it, I don't care." She says, putting her hand on my shoulder. 

"Thanks. It's gonna be hard for me to end my relationship with food though, we had some good times together. My bed is pretty nice too. And with that, I'm pretty tired and I'm probably gonna head home in a few. I did greatly appreciate the talk though, it was nice to get some things off of my chest and just put them out there." 

"Aww no problem, I do what I can. Are you sure you don't want to stay though? The guys shouldn't be coming back for at least another hour." 

Suddenly, as if the universe heard what Suzy said, the door opened and it was the guys, Barry, Ross, Danny, and Arin coming back from their exclusive night out. 

"Woo! That was great!" Ross says falling on the couch. 

"I agree," Barry says behind Arin, who walks over to Suzy, giving her a hug and a kiss. 

"Yeah it's nice to just be guys and do guy shit, am I right?" Dan says, looking right at me. 

I roll my eyes and get up from the couch. 

"Well I hope you guys had fun, but I'm exhausted, so I'm gonna go home." 

~

"What's her problem?" Ross asks. 

"Mind your own fucking business, Ross," Dan speaks up. 

"Dan, you don't even know her that well," Suzy says. 

"I know."