Chapter One

On a day in the middle of July, which seemed like another usual day, turned out to be the worst. My parents told me the worst news that I could ever hear.

"I'm sorry, Sierra, but there isn't any other option. If we don't take this job, we could loose our money and go broke," My mom says.

"But we're moving to a whole new country. We can't leave, I grew up here," I cried.

"I wish we didn't have to, but we do, honey. Just think of this as a new start," my mom tried to comfort me.

"I don't want a new start. I want to stay here with my friends and Matthew,"

Shit, Matthew.

I can't leave Matthew. We've been together for 3 years. These three years with the best boyfriend I could ever have, will soon be gone.

I met Matthew in my freshman sciene class. He was so smart and constantly had to explain things to me.Matthew isn't like the normal guys. He's not the party type, and definitely not the asshole type either. He's sweet, smart, sensitive, and most of all, hilarious.

If I was ever feeling sad, Matthew would be the one to cheer me up. There would never be a dull moment when he was around. He's constantly cracking jokes that aren't actually funny, but you laugh because he laughs at the joke himself. Even with the crack of his smile the world would somehow become brighter.

All of this would soon be gone when I am forced to leave in a week. What a short notice.

"I know you love Matthew, princess, but this is for your own good. He should understand this," my dad says.

"I don't think that you understand how hard this will be for me. Thanks for ruining my life," I yell and run upstairs.

"Sierra, please," my mom says but I slam my door and lock it.

Do they even understand how much this hurts me. I'll be leaving my love in less than a week, but they don't seem to show any sympathy.

I have to tell Matthew. I'm not sure how he will take it, but he needs to know.

"Hey beautiful," Matthew answers on the second ring.

"Hi baby, can you come over, I have something to tell you," I whisper, trying not to cry.

"Of course, I'll be there in a minute," he says. The perks of living 2 doors down from your boyfriend.

I hang up the phone and wipe my mascara that has been running down my cheeks so that he doesn't know I have been crying.

"Sierra, Matthew's here," my mom says after a couple minutes.

"Coming," I yell as I run down the stairs.

"Hey babe," I hug Matthew. He kisses the top of my head.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks.

"Let's talk upstairs," I say as I take his hand in mine and lead the way.

"Door open," my dad yells, like every single other time.

"K dad," I yell back.

We get to my room and I close my door until there's just a crack, disobeying my dads rule.

"Is everything okay? Are you okay?" Matthew asks. It's so cute how much he cares.

"Yeah i'm fine, well at least I think I am," I say.

"So what did you have to tell me?" He asks.

"I-I don't know how to tell you this," I stutter.