Chapter Twenty-Seven

*THUMP*

I get woken up by a loud noise and yelling. I quickly run downstairs to see Taylor and Carter fist fighting.

"Stop!" I yell.

I grab Taylor by his shirt and I pull him off of Carter. Taylor gets up and goes outside, slamming the door behind him.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I told Carter," Lexi says.

"I thought that you didn't know who the dad was?" I ask.

"I don't," she says, "but Carter was mad because I cheated on him with Taylor, and now I'm pregnant," she says.

Carter gets up and goes upstairs. He brings his bags, grabs his keys, and says, "let's go."

"I'll see you later," Lexi says.

They both leave. Leaving Taylor here, furious.

I walk outside to check on him. He's skipping rocks against the lake. I pick up a rock.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. I take the rock and I throw it, making it skip 3 times.

"I'm fine," he says.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. It's a really shitty situation," I say.

He sits down on the sand, running his fingers through it. I sit with him.

"I'm not ready to be a father," he says.

"Maybe it's Carter's baby," I say.

"But maybe it's mine. I should have never cheated on you. I'm so fucking stupid," he says.

"Taylor, you're not stupid. Lexi just gets with everyone. She cheated on Carter, too. Do you love her?" I ask.

"Hell no," he says.

"And if it is your baby?"

"Of course I'm going to take care of it," he says.

"Listen, I'm not forgiving you or anything but I'll help you. I'll pay for the fraternity test and if the baby is yours, I'll help you take care of it," I say.

"You'll do that?" He asks.

"Of course," I say.

"Why are you helping me? Don't you hate me?" He asks.

"No, I don't hate you. I love you Taylor, but as a friend," I say.

"I love you too," he says and hugs me. I hug him back.

"Now you should go inside and get some rest. You have a lot on your mind and you just need to relax a bit," I say.

"You're right," he says.

We both get up and go inside. He goes into his room while I go back to Jack's.

I check my phone and there's 16 unread text messages. All of them from Shawn.

Shawn:

"what happened last night?

Text me back asap

Did Tira do anything?

She did, didn't she?

Please don't ignore me

Please tell me that she didn't cheat on me.

Call me please"

I ignore all of the messages. I want to cover for Tira, but at the same time I want to tell Shawn. I don't know what to do.