Chapter Twenty Two

I wake up around 2 pm, still tired from last night. Tira's party is tonight, and I'm excited to see all of my friends again.

I let Taylor sleep for a while as I get in and out of the shower. I straighten my hair and put my makeup before waking him up.

As he takes a shower I brush my teeth and finish getting ready. He just let's his hair dry and gets dressed.

Around 8:00, we start to leave for the party. I text Dillon saying that we'll be there in five minutes before leaving the house.

When we get to Dillon's house, I knock on the front door. Dillon answers and follows me to the car.

"Hey Dillon," Taylor says when we get into the car.

"Hey Taylor," Dillon says.

"How have you been?" Taylor asks while I pull out of Dillon's drive way.

"Fine, how are you?" He asks.

"Good," Taylor says.

It's an awkward silence the rest of the way to Tira's house and I'm relieved when we get out of the car.

"Go talk to him, and be nice," I whisper to Taylor.

"Fine," he says and walks towards Dillon. They stand outside and talk while me and Matthew go inside.

"Don't get too drunk," I say before walking a different direction.

"Sierra!" I hear someone say. I turn around and Tira is walking towards me.

"Hey Tira. Great party," I say.

"Thanks, where's Taylor?" She asks.

"Outside. Where's Shawn?" I ask.

"Around here somewhere. I should probably go find him. See you in a bit," she says.

"Bye," I say.

I walk into the kitchen and most of my friends are in there. Nash, Aaron, Cameron, Jack, Jack, Carter, and then there's Lexi.

"Sierra, can I talk to you?" Lexi asks.

"Yeah, sure," I say. We go outside and sit in the lawn chairs.

"I miss you. If you could give me one last chance to be your friend, I promise I won't blow it," she says.

"Fine, but I trust you not to fuck up. This is your last chance," I say.

"I won't, I promise," she says.

"So, you and Carter are back together?" I ask.

"Yeah," she smiles.

"Anything new? We haven't talked in a while," I say.

"Uh, nothing really except for the fact that I'm pregnant," she tells me.

"What!" I yell.

"Shh, no one else knows," she says.

"When'd you find out?" I ask.

"Yesterday morning," she says.

"Are you scared? Does Carter know?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm scared, and no," she says.

"When are you going to tell him?" I ask.

"Tonight. I was hoping that he'd be more understanding if he was drunk," she says.

"Oh, are you drinking?" I ask.

"Hell no," she says.

"Good," I say.