Intertwined

Warning; Not For all ages.

A cigarette played threw my lips I leaned against the brick wall of my apartment. It was a dark night and the only lights were the street lights. It was around three am I couldn't sleep my boyfriend had just broken up with me eight hours earlier.

"Smoking is bad for you." A voice said. I looked up and saw a 18 year old boy he was around my age. "So is a lot of things." I puffed out. "I'm Hunter." He smiled taking a seat next to me.

"Melina." I offered a cigarette and he took it. "This is nice." I smiled looking forward.

"Yeah it is." He nodded. "Don't you go to Heritage High?" I asked. "Yeah I'm a Senior."

"Me too." I smiled. It started to get a bit chilly so I offered for him to come inside.

"So what were you doing outside around three am?" I asked. He shrugged, "I needed to take a walk my dad is abusive."

I gave him a hug. "You can stay here tonight if you want." "That sounds nice thank you." I fixed us a cup of coffee and we watched tv before going to bed.

Next morning *

"Hunter wake up!" I shook him. He had slept on the couch all night.

"Too early." He whined pulling the covers over his head. I ripped them off and dragged him off the couch.

He jumped up and tackled me. I squealed in surprise. "You meanie." He poked my face.

I laughed lightly. "We have school dork." I pushed him off.

He went towards my bathroom and took a shower. After him I went too I gave him some of my brother's clothes which was a little big. I wore a sweater with leggings and boots .

"Ready to go?" I asked."Yeah." He stated. We got into my fiesta and left to school.

It was the talk of the school that I managed to move on from Kaleb,my ex that quick so I was called a slut. I had to take hunter to the nurse TWICE because he got hit for it. At one time Kaleb and a few others ganged up on him. We both had a rough day.

"Hunter , I'm sorry." I apologized. He held his head up careful to not get blood on my seats.

"It's fine Lena."

My heart fluttered at his nickname for me most everyone called me Mel.

"Your place or mine?" I asked.

"Drop me at my house." He gave me directions.

"If you need to stay over again just come or whatever you have my number." I smiled.

He nodded and got out.

A few hours later I sat cuddled up into a blanket eating Chinese when a knock on my door interrupted me. I was expecting Hunter but it was Kaleb. I tried to slam the door but he put his foot in it. "Please Melina we need to talk." He begged. I sighed and let him in.I punched him in the face and he bent over with a bloody nose. "That was for beating up Hunter." I walked to the kitchen counter and took a seat. "I just don't like you talking to other guys . He was a fag any how."

"Is the really how your gonna start out a conversation? Hunter is a nice guy and has done nothing to you."

"Okay , that night I took to many pills and I didn't mean what I said." He placed his hands in mine. "Pills ? When did you start taking pills?" I gaped. "Awhile ago I'm sorry." I shook my head at me. "You keep getting your self further down in the hole.I'm glad we broke up Kaleb really. In our relationship that wasn't me I wanna be me . I'm sorry." He nodded and left.