Cryptids

XX

"Porting human number four dash six eight seven three alpha eighteen, Jade Thirlwall from Afrique Cont five." The T-Port announced. As the pale blue light dissipated, a petite but extremely toned brunette stepped out onto the landing strip. The woman, identified as Petty Officer Thirlwall wore the typical warrior's uniform of a black camouflage jumpsuit and knee high heavy combat boots. Putting her pack back over her shoulder, Jade smiled at the port operator.

"Greetings. Where can I find Harbor twelve, level sixteen?"

"To the elevator. Hit sixteen first, twelve for the Horizontal. Welcome to Amasia, Officer Thirlwall, we've been expecting you."

"Thank you."

Jade flipped her hover board out of her pack and hopped on. She made her way up to Harbor twelve. When she hovered out of the lift, she was faced with a huge bay window, surrounded by maze-like hallways. Deciding not to risk getting lost immediately, she stopped to gaze at her new home. She could see the bare Cont. Amasia was a seasonably warm place with a lot of farm land. The people here were rather short, much short than her folks at home. Jade hovered until with was right beside the window, almost touching. She could see the A-Bred plants and a mountain range not too far from the edge of the building. She knew that beyond that was the Jed barrier of Cont Amasia.

"Great Jed, you are freaking late girl!" a voice shrilled.

Jade  turned to see her Auntie Jesy. Jadewas pulled down into the smaller woman's embrace.

"Hi Auntie. Sorry I'm late. Mum was crying about me going to lose so much weight from not eating and never seeing her again because I'll forget where I come from. How are you, where's Uncle Chrism?"

Jesy pulled Jade down one of the adjoining hallways and began to prattle on about her Uncle and life on Amasia. Jesy was Jade's aunt by marriage. Her mother's brother moved from Cont Afrique to Cont Amasia and met her during their training. Jesy was a native Amasian and it showed. Jade eyed the older woman with apprehension. Where Jade was short and yellow-toned, Jesy was tall and had a dark mahogany, almost black skin. Jesy had curves where Jade was petite; she had an abundance of full, heavy breasts, wide hips and a high, round ass that jiggled more than it didn't. Jade was soft where Aunt Jesy had muscles on top of muscles and short straight hair where Simara had a mass of long springy coils that shot up then out and down to the middle of her back. Never mind her full lips, big hazel eyes and button nose with a septum piercing, one of many piercings. And all of her silver and yellow Afrique tattoos that glowed in UV light. Jade knew that most women here looked like her aunt and she didn't want to stick out anymore than she already would from her last name being "Thirlwall".

"Did you hear me, little girl?" she heard her aunt say. Jade's head snapped up.

"Ma'am?"

"I said this is your classroom for career orientation. Do not embarrass your uncle and don't hover board in there. You don't have time to go find your quarters first so you'll need to report to Lt. Claud after O. Ask someone to help you and good luck!"

Jade was pulled down for a forehead kiss, then abandoned as her aunt rushed off. Jumping off her board, Jade knocked before the door slid open. She stepped into a small lecture hall, maybe four rows of six desks and it wasn't completely full. Directly in front of her was yet another petite yellow-brown woman with straight hair smiling.

"Well class, that new arrival I mentioned is finally here. Seems you had some trouble. Go ahead and face the class. Introduce yourself, ranks and all."