By Midnight 3

We just walked up to her car and she was fidgeting in nervousness. I decided to let her off the hook. I walked close to her and leaned in. Ever so gently I brushed my lips against her left cheek. "I would love to see you again."

The smile I received gave me incentive to make sure it stayed on her beautiful face at all times. We exchanged numbers before driving off to our respective homes.

When I got home I immediately called Jesy.

"Hello," she groggily answered.

"Oh, Jesy," I sighed sympathetically, "I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention to the time." It was only one in the morning but she still seemed to be really tired.

"It's fine, sweetie. What's up?" She sounded more upbeat.

"...I met someone. She's really--"

"You met someone! Who is she and how did you meet her," she prompted.

I explained how I was taking a night off from singing and went to the concert. I told her how this girl is great, and gay, or at least bi. We hit it off really well and I'm really happy to have met her.

"So," she started, "first off, I'm extremely happy for you. Second, does this mean you're over Perrie?"

At that moment I realized I had barely thought about Perrie all night. The second Jesy said her name, however, everything came rushing back. I still missed her and wanted her. But, maybe Leigh would be a good distraction. "I don't know if I'll ever fully get over her, Jes," I answered.

"Okay, well at least you had a night out to enjoy yourself. This is something you needed. You're coming home in a few weeks, right?"

"Yeah I'll be back towards the end of May. Why?"

She hesitated. "Perrie was wondering."

Perrie was wondering? "Okay...well I'll let you get back to sleep. I've got to get up early anyway. Night, love you," I murmured into the phone.

"Okay, sweetie. Love you, too. Night."

~~~~~~~~~~

May 25, 2016

~~~~~~~~~~

"You do realize you're going to make me late for my flight, right," I questioned, struggling as Leigh lay on top of me.

"You do realize I don't care, right," she remarked, smiling.

The past month with Leigh has been amazing. We see each other at least every other night and I forget about Perrie a little more each time we're together. I think she sensed something was holding me back with her, but she never pushed me to open up about it. I remember after the first couple of times we went out she finally spoke to me about what she was feeling. She told me that she didn't know who hurt me, but that she could see I was still reeling from it and that she wasn't going to push me. She didn't, which I think helped me in my process to forget Perrie.

Leigh and I fell into a routine. We would alternate nights on whose place we would be at. Last night, it was time to spend the evening at my place so we watched movies and ended up falling asleep. I awoke to Leigh lying on top of me gently kneading my sides.

I guess I should also mention that over the past month we've taken things slow. For the first two weeks we would just exchange small kisses after seeing each other. Slowly it progressed to making out and now we do a little bit of caressing. I just wasn't ready. I still thought about Perrie from time to time and somehow it felt like I was betraying her. It was a ridiculous thought, but it happened that way for me.