Between The Lines!!

Dedicated to Brind2y2

Ping!!

That was my phone.

"Howz the cheat-meal day going?"

Arjun's WhatsApp message interrupted my reading Sunday afternoon.

I was pleasantly surprised . in the past four months, his only reason to text me was to confirm my schedule for the next day.

Most of the trainers do this messaging to their respective clients to ask confirmation for next day schedule..But he had never reached out to me like that this before. Not Arjun..Not on Sunday Afternoon, which was my off day. Even though his massage was related to his profession but I find a casual touch in it. It was refreshing change from his routine one liner message Plz-confirm-your-session in the history of my WhatsApp chat. Instead of replying As Yes Or No..i replied

"Had Aloo ke parathey for breakfast
😊 "

The emoji reflected the smile on my face as I sent the reply..

"and what's for lunch?" his reply came back rather quickly

Usually, we would discuss this after our workout in Monday..for some strange reason, Arjun chose to have it on Whatsapp. I was happy to write back "Mix Veg!! but including different veggies..so its not cheat-meal"

"That's nice..." he wrote back...

I chose yet another smiley face and sent him as an acknowledgement. And then grey ticks turned blue.

I thought he would write something again in reply. I wanted him to do.

But he didn't ..not for the couple of seconds after which his online status vanished.

That's the thing with sending smiley face. While it fills the void when you don't have anything to say, it also marks the end of the conversation..

I wanted to write back..something!Anything!! but I don't know what to write. I dropped my phone on bed and resumed my reading..

I read a paragraph or two, but couldn't focus. I was curious to check my phone again. And so I did though there was no new notification.

Arjun's status appeared: Online...And that made me soooo happy...And I become even more happier when my phone showed he was typing again..

This simple status- typing...... felt nice to look at. There is so much hope embedded in it..i realized how much mystery there is in someone typing.....of course it depends on the person you are in convo...it sets some sort of curiosity that you would get to know it...its makes you joyful about the idea that person wants to talk to you and you are in his mind that moment...I don't know why I thought all this when I was staring the phone.

Strangely, the next moment from typing....he went back to online..

He too would have seen me online..i realized..I think..should I write something?

Once again I saw him typing and then he again seconds later went to online...it was weird..Arjun never behaved this way erlier..i could sense that he wanted to talk, but could not figure out what to talk...

He was again typing Something!!

But this time I couldn't hold myself back, before he could change his mind.....I quickly messaged " Not sure about dinner yet!!"

Just then his messaged arrived " what are you doing right now?"..he had sent the msg at the same time as me..

"Oh!! You can afford to have dessert after dinner..." he replied for my msg..