Chapter 5

The next week flies by so fast I don’t even realize Prom is here.

Of course I only know because Christina has been talking my ear off non stop since.

She keeps saying she… ships? me and Four.

She says it’s basically we’re you have two people and you want them to date, she says we are her OTP - One True Pair-  but whatever.

I don’t think I like Four like that… do I?

My mind is clouded with thoughts that I don’t notice I’ve bumped into someone.

“Sorry.” I say quickly then start to walk away, but the person grabs my wrist and pulls me aside.

I look up and see it’s Four.

“Oh. Hey.” I say quietly.

“Tris, can I ask you something?” He say’s.

At first I start to think he just wants a few answers the next week’s Math quiz, or to help him find out what girls like. But instead I’m a bit taken back when he says,

“Tris, I was… I-I-I-” He sighs and rubs his hand over his face. “I was wondering if… If you’d go to Prom with me?”

I stand there wide eyed and staring at him.

He sighs again, “Forget it. Sorry.” He starts to walk away.

I grab his arm, “Four, I’d love to go to Prom with you.” I say so only he would hear.

He slowly turns, a grin cracks on his face so wide I think it would hurt.

He picks me up and spins me in a circle telling me “THANK YOU” Over and over until I laugh so hard I’m crying.

He stops and puts me down. “Uhm… sorry. Bye.” He says before running off to God knows where.

I smile and call Christina.