Chapter 6

As I wandered the streets, I thought about the events that occured just after breakfast. The man that grabbed me... he gave me a weird feeling. And those eyes. They're definitely going to stick with me and probably haunt my dreams. Fun.

I was making my way to this small store that threw almost everything out, when I had a weird feeling. There were people rushing everywhere, but it felt like someone was staring at me. Like they were watching my every move.

I spun around but no one seemed out of place; people were just walking past me. I shrug off the feeling. I was just being paranoid.

I made it to the store after a five minute walk. Since I lived on the edge of downtown, the five minute walk took me out to an area where there weren't as many tall buildings, but more small cottages.

I walked into the store and said hello to the cashier. She didn't say hi back. Talk about rude.

I pretended to look at some clothes. They looked really cheap. I don't have much money, maybe ten dollars, but I wasn't going to spend it on this. It's my emergency money.

I waited for the cashier to go into the back room (which took forever) and then I began stuffing my bag with anything that would keep my and Sparky warm for the chilly seasons. I got about two jackets, a fluffy blanket, a pair of weird shaped boots before the cashier walked out.

She noticed what I was doing and immediately reached for the phone. Ugh, what is up with my luck today?! I do this all the time and not once have I gotten caught.

I dashed out of there before the cashier lady could do anything. I heard her yelling something about crazy teenagers. Whatever that means.

I rounded to the back of the store, where the dumpsters are. I found some worn out jeans and two sweatshirts. Score!

I stuffed everything into my bag and left the store behind me.

Usually, I would hed back into downtown, but today I wanted to explore. I went the opposite way of home and started heading to the quiet looking neighbourhood.

It had cottages of different sizes. They were all so sweet-looking. It was much more relaxing here than it was in downtown. I loved it.

I kept walking, admiring the houses, when one blue cottage caught my eye. Mainly because there was an old woman watching me through the window. She looked sweet. I waved to her but she didn't wave back. What is up with all these rude people?

She was kind of creeping me out so I speed-walked past her house. Her old eyes followed me. It was weird.

I ended up at a playground. There were children everywhere. They were having so much fun. When I was they're age I was only learning how to survive alone. They don't know how lucky they are.

I decided to go sit on a park bench and watch the kids. Sure, it sounds creepy. But it was a wonderful sight.

I tried to listen on the birds chirping and the trees swishing in the wind. It was so.... relaxing. I wanted to just fall into a deep sleep right here, right now and never wake up.

I close my eyes, but in about five seconds, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I looked behind the park bench to find a girl about  my age. She was gorgeous. She had wavy blonde hair, and her face looked perfect. She had a few freckles on her nose but they went so well with her green eyes. I may as well have fallen in love with her, like a little girl falls in love with a doll. 

"Hey, I'm Riley," she said. Wait a minute, she was talking to me?! What is this. I haven't talked to another girl my age in forever, and suddenly this beauty comes along and says hi. What.

She was looking at me. Why was she staring at me? Did I do something already? I smiled at her. I'm simply being polite, right?

"This is the part where you introduce yourself," she says. Oh! But I don't know my name. Think of something, anything...

"Oh, I'm Skye," I replied. Is that even a name? I think I've heard it somewhere before. It sure is a lovely name.

Riley flashed me a white toothed smile. "I couldn't help but notice that you were sitting alone, and, well, I just moved here so I thought I could make some new friends, you know?" I barely caught any of the words she said. She talks way too fast. I laughed.

"Yeah, well, I don't live around here. Sorry," I stood up to leave but instead she sat down on the bench and pulled me down with her.

"C'mon," she whined. "I'm here with my little sister and I am bored out of my mind." She pointed at a minature version of herself, playing in the sand. The kid was building what seemed by a castle? I don't know.

"So, got any friends?" she asked. I shook my head. Well, I have Sparky, but I don't think she meant him. "So, what, you're like a loner?" she half-laughed. I shrugged.

"I guess, I don't know," I told her. This is so weird. I was having a conversation with a person. As in another human being! She looked so... normal. But different. I've seen kids my age before and they looked so different from Riley. But, just like them, she seemed to have a regular life.

"I know this is a total kindergarten move, but do you wanna be like, I don't know friends?" She smiled at me, and she sounded like she actually meant it.

I was in shock. How do you even have a friend? Like what? "Um, yeah," I said. "We should like hang out and stuff." I heard a guy tell some chick that once, and since they were my age, I guess it's what kids these days say.

"Well, are you busy right now?" I slowly shook my head. She giggled and stood up, "Then you are so coming over to my house."

She began walking away from me and I just sat there. Was I just invited somewhere? No, I must've been imagining everything. I'm going crazy.

She turned around to me and said," Skye. We're going to my house. Like, now."

Well, okay then.

(A/N)

Hey, so, I'm going to try to update as much as I can because I haven't updated in literally FOREVER, but that's because my laptop broke down. So I don't have it back yet { it's getting fixed } so I'm using my dad's laptop from now on. And it's weird. So, I'll try to update when I can. And THANKYOU for if you're still reading. I love you all. MWAH.

PLEASE

Like<3

Comment<3

Vote<3

--iris--