Chapter 8

"COURTNEY?!"

The girl practically yelled in my face. Who the hell was Courtney? I'm here trying to take her bag that was probably full of money, and other precious things, then all of sudden this girl is hugging me.

What? Why was she hugging me? This is beyond weird. "Um, sorry?" I said, uncertainly.

She looked me straight in the eyes and put her hands on my shoulders. "Courtney, it's me," she said. Why was she calling me Courtney?

The girl looked worried. "Oh my god. You don't remember me."

I was seriously confused out of my mind. I don't know this girl. Sure, she looks sort of familiar, but so does every other person who walks past me every day. But I didn't exactly know her. And, honestly, what was up with calling me Courtney?

Suddenly her eyes began to tear up and she slowly sat down, mumbling, "She doesn't remember me, she doesn't remember me..."

This girl must have the crazies. I didn't even bother to take the bag, I just got out of there.

But I didn't get very far. The girl came rushing out of the cafe, the guy she was with tagging along. Her eyes were filled with tears and she stood in front of me, blocking my path.

"Move," I said, quite rudely, too.

She grabbed my shoulders and looked straight into my eyes. "You probably don't know me..." she started.

"No, shit."

"Give me a chance, okay? I just want to talk." She was holding back her tears. I could tell. She was biting her lip and if I walked away, she would probably break down crying. I couldn't cause a scene.

"Fine," I told her. She removed her hands from my shoulders and looked relieved. The guy behind her looked kind of awkward standing there. He hasn't said a word since I got there. 

"Hey, baby?" The girl looked back to the guy. "Do you mind if we kind of talk? Privately?"

He smiled awkwardly. "Sure, no problem." 

He gave her a quick kiss and left. The girl began walking back into the cafe. I followed her.

We sat at the table where she and the dude were sitting at. She kept looking at me knid of... sadly. Okay, this situation is really confusing right now. I have no idea what the hell is going on. And I want to know. Now. 

"Okay, so," I started. "Who are you?" Wasn't that the million dollar question here?

She laughed shakily. "Wow, well um... I'm Darla." Darla? There was a voice at the back of my head screaming that I knew that name, but from where, I had no idea. 

"Why were you calling me Courtney?" I asked. Yet another million dollar question. 

"Well, I don't know," she scoffs. "Maybe that's your name."

Okay then. Sure, I could be Courtney. Maybe. I wouldn't know, anyways. But how the hell would she know my name?

 "And how would you know that?" I asked.

"Well, I just happen to be your sister." 

What. I was too stunned to think. I just laughed. Hard too. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes and my stomach hurt. But Darla, my "sister", wasn't laughing. She looked pretty serious.

"You're kidding," I said. I never had a sister. Like, what. I would've remembered her, wouldn't I? "If you were my sister, how come I'm not living with you?"

"You've been missing. For four years. Everyone thinks you're dead."

Well, sure, I was missing. But for twelve years, not four. And who's everyone? And the only family I had was Ben, his mother, and Sparky. No sister. Even if she was my family before I was left on the streets, she wouldn't be able to recognize me right now. I mean, how many people look like their baby selves?

Honestly, I have no idea what's going on. My head's spinning. I needed to get things straight with this chick and get out.

"Look," I said. "I'm no Courtney. I don't have a name. I don't have a sister. And I live on my own. I've lived on my own since I was four. All I had was Sparky, my dog. But no Darla. So, I don't know who the hell you are, but I'm not who you're looking for."

I got up from my seat. I didn't say bye. I just got out of there. But before I went home, I looked through the window to the inside of the cafe. The poor girl was staring at me with tears pooling in her eyes. 

And being the heartless bitch I am, I left. 

(A/N)

Yeah I haven't updated in a while. Sorry. Homework, auditions, and stuff. So I really am trying to update when I can. So yeah I'm sorry.

But um yeah? SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING.

THANKS FOR READING THOUGHHH.

Like<3

Comment<3

Vote<3

--iris--