Four

Four - "Mashton is good"

My fingers drummed against my jean clad thighs as I waited cautiously for my hairdresser to be ready setting things up. Ashton sat next to me with his head in his hand as he stared at the opposite wall in front of us, he had wanted to come along just to see my blonde hair one last time before I died it into a different colour, which I wasn't sure about just yet.

The waiting room that we sat in was covered in several different posters of models that had their hair styled by a totally different hair stylist only to cover this white walls in a way to make this place look good, which only made me dart my eyes away aas I grew nervous as to what my hair was going to turn out like.

I didn't bother asking Luke about my hair in the end, and I didn't confirm it with my mom either. I had woken up to an empty house and decided that I couldn't be bother to wait for either of them to come back so I had called Nia, who told me she was busy babysitting her little sister.

And so after that I had called Ashton, hoping that he wouldn't be busy. He wasn't. He told me that he was bored out of his mind and would do anything to get out of his house and so I invited him, which he agreed to of course.

He turned to me in his seat and eyed me up, "are you sure about this V?"

I let out a sigh and looked at him, shrugging my shoulders before looking down at my shoes. Ashton muttered something under his breath, putting his head back on his hand and turning his head to look directly at the side of my face.

I felt his eyes against my skin, scanning my face slightly before he spoke up again, "I think pink would look good on you, pastel pink."

My eyes darted up at him, my eyebrows furrowing, "I was thinking that," I muttered.

Ashton let out a breathy laugh, "or pastel blue?"

"What's with the pastel colours?"

Ashton shrugged, "I think they look better than the crazy hair colours that Michael does."

"Who's Michael?" I asked, staring at him in confusion as I pulled a strand of my hair and began twirling it around my finger.

"Calum's best friend, y'know, the one with the crazy red hair?"

"Oh, him," I laughed, "forgot he existed."

"How can you forget he exists, you can see his hair from a mile away," ashton exclaimed, raising his free hand into the air.

"I don't know," I muttered, "I'm too caught up in his best friend to notice anyone else I suppose."

Ashton smirked, opening his mouth to say something before my hairdresser, Michelle, walked out from behind the counter. Her green eyes sparkling as she smiled.

"You ready Violet?"

I hesitated, wanting to just say no and run out of the place before I do something I'd regret terribly, but Ashton had nudged me in the side and smiled brightly at the woman in front of him, "of course she is."

My eyes sent a glare his way as Michelle clapped her hands together, her smile widening, "that's great, why don't you follow me."

Ashton winked, standing up and holding a hand out for me to get up. I took it, but let go as soon as I could because I could feel my hands sweating and that honestly disgusted me. Hesitantly but almost surely, the red hair of Michelle stopped at a black chair that sat in front of a mirror, her red painted fingernails tapping against the back.

I took a seat, looking at myself in the mirror as I breathed in, my blonde locks hung loosely around my head in waves and cascaded down my back.