Eight

Chapter eight: "spin the bottle"

Glowing lights and pop music was the only source of life coming from this street. The house towering over many others as it seemed to shake the ground below us, the dark sky being lit up by the lasers of light showing from the house.

I was sat at the back of Ashton's truck, my eyes gazing out of the front window between the spaces of seats that both Ashton and Nia were accompanying.

"Why is it so glowey?"

"Because V," Nia chuckled to herself, "it's a party."

Ashton glanced away from the road for a second and behind at me, a small smile forming as he turned the car to the pavement, parking it in one swift movement.

"Don't worry," he smiled, "we'll take care of you."

"That you'll do," I laughed nervously, opening the door and climbing out.

Ashton and Nia were close behind, talking to each over under their breaths. I sighed, stopping outside of the house that flowed up into the dark night.

Many teenagers were seen outside, cups in their hands that must of held some sort of alcoholic substance that made me cringe. My insides churned as Nia linked her arm with mine and stepped closer.

"It's only a party," she smiled softly, "the worst that could happen is your drink may get spiked."

I glared at her, "thanks for the heads up."

"All you have to do is walk up there and then the party takes you away, its fun when you finally get in there." Ashton smiled softly, beginning to step up the grassy garden.

"Yeah, well I'm going to do a Zayn and walk in the opposite direction," I turned to leave but Nia's arm kept me in place.

"Don't be such a downer V, trust me on this one."

I rolled my eyes at the girl before me, "but what if something bad happens."

"Then something bad happens."

"But what if Luke finds out."

"Then he finds out,"

"You are not helping the situation right now," I scowled, going to turn away once again but the sound of someone's voice calling down from the house caused all three of our heads to turn.

"Yo, the Mashton people?" Red hair was seen from the doorway of the house and I had to restrain myself from rolling my eyes.

"Oh great, the big red dog is here."

Nia stifled a laugh as Ashton called up to the boy, "that's us."

"Is that girl with you? The one with purple hair."

Nia held my hand up along with hers, beaming up at the boy, "yep, she is right here."

Michael laughed, looking at me before pointing back into the house, "Calum's looking for ya, might want to go check it out."

My eyebrows furrowed, but nevertheless, I made my way up the grassy hill and past the many teenagers that already looked on the verge of passing out.

Up here, the music seemed way louder than what it was down by the road. Michael had to shout over the music just so I could at least hear a fragment of his voice.

"Might want to hurry, he's an impatient guy," he chuckled, winking at me before hurrying into the crowd that swarmed the house like a flood.

I opened my mouth to shout after him but I knew that it was going to be useless, so instead I opened the door wider and headed into the house filled with many teenagers. My eyes squinted through the gaps of many people as I pushed my way through, the heat in this place was almost unbearable not to mention it was getting harder to breath the further I pushed myself.