Chapter Nine.Two

I guessed sped up heart rate was normal in my situation. What with being involved in a daring game of spin the bottle truth or dare with the cool crowd.

Pero kung magpapakatotoo lang ako, maaamin ko siguro na 'yung dahilan ng nararamdaman ko ay yung may ari ng dibdib na kinasasandalan ko at kanina pa nagpapataas ng balahibo ko sa batok bawat hinga niya malapit sa tenga ko.

"Go, Gelo!" cheer ng mga tao, kasama na si Ju, sa host ng party na lumapit sa isang 1st year at nagaalok ng lemon para sa body shot.

"Isn't that girl too young?" I quietly asked, my heart rate slowing finally.

He squeezed my knee gently.

"I know," he murmured as we stared at his friend and the girl, whose face quickly turned into a tomato shade and looked torn with refusing or letting the guy have his way. She could get kicked out easily, after all.

"Then why are you cheering him on?" I hissed as I continued staring at that guy, Gelo, placing salt on the innocent girl's collarbone. Ni nakalimutan ko ka'gad yung kilig ko kanina.

"It's just a game, Emily." His endearment didn't appease me.

"The girl is probably only 15 or 16 at most, Ju," I said while scowling, not caring na nakatingin na sa'min yung ibang mga kaibigan niya; some outright glaring at me for being killjoy nad others simply raising their eyebrows in amusement or whatever the hell was going on with their heads.

"Then she shouldn't have come in the first place. College party 'to, hindi slumber party."

I disentangled our melded bodies (That sentence construction might have suggested intimacy, but no, he was simply unconsciously flirting and I was suddenly disgusted for enjoying it.) then I glared at him.

"Really, Ju? Jinajustify mo 'yung kagaguhan niyo sa mere fact na nandito yung bata? Pag bang may babaeng narape dahil malapit siya sa madilim na kanto kasalanan niya na?"

Bubuksan pa lang niya yung bibig niya para sumagot nang may ibang kumuha ng atensyon ko.

"How dramatic."

Nang makita ko kung sino yung nagsalita, agad uminit yung ulo ko.

Edi siya na yung naka White-Black-White-Black Outfit.

"Sorry, sweetie, I just can't help but think you're overreacting. Fifteen or sixteen is old enough to get or give a few body shots," she said with a smile; kahit na kitang-kita yung pagtwi-twitch nung muscle sa side ng bibig niya from the effort.

The girl was putting an effort on being nice. Such a shame I couldn't say the same for me.

"Sorry, I was reasoning with my values and you are talking by experience," I answered stoically and the smile she had quickly morphed into a snarl.

"You bitch! I don't know what Joule----"

"Quit it, Liana!"

"I don't even know why I have to, Joule. I was being civilized and she just had to push my buttons! Why did you even bring her here?" she exclaimed then looked me over before continuing, "This tasteless, humourless, plain bitch. Aren't we fun enough to be with?"

"You bottle bleach blonde---"

"Shut Up!"

My mouth dropped wide while staring at an irritated Ju.

"If you look at the girl, Emiliya, you can see she doesn't mind and is actually up for it so stop it. Not everyone is prude like you."

I closed my mouth and felt my lips form a thin line. I looked at the girl from before, who was looking my way with her brows drawn close in confusion and with a lemon on her mouth, and at the host of the party who was clearly irritated by the interruption and felt my lips tremble.