Chapter 12

AN: I tried chocolate chip pancakes for the first time yesterday, I'm definitely agreeing on them being amazing! I'll never look at normal pancakes the same way again...

Who else has had this wonderful breakfast option? ^^

"Mum! You aren't going to believe me when I tell you what Sang's been doing!" Marie shouted as soon as we enter the house. I'm right behind her, feeling dejected at the punishment that will follow. It all depends on what Marie dobs me in for.

Not that I've done much to be dobbed in for... besides sneaking over to Nathan's yesterday...

Marie flew up the stairs and I followed, dumping my bag in my room.

Five minutes had passed before my door flew open, banging against the wall and chipping off some of the paint.

"Sang Sorenson you fucking whore! How dare you ruin our new home with your slutty ways!?" My mother screams at me from the doorway. I sit on the edge of the bed, head hanging down. 

My shirt is grabbed from the back, one hand behind each of my shoulder blades, I'm yanked forward, forcing my body to spin around and my tailbone to harshly collide with the floor. I cry out in pain but the woman above me just sneers.

"Cry all you want bitch, you deserve to feel the pain you cause on my family. How dare you ruin any chance of a good image with your whoring around at school." She starts to scream incoherently as she drags me backwards out of the room, purposely slamming half of my body into the doorway. Relentlessly she drags me down the staircase, I manage to twist my self so the stairs bang against my left thigh instead of my tailbone, at least this way I'll only have a bruise.

She drags my body into the kitchen and shoves me down into the cold tiles.

"Kneel. And you'll drink this if you know whats good for you." She hisses, moving to make the familiar concoction. 

I scramble to comply, glad I'd only have to kneel for a few hours. She gives me the regular amount of vinegar/lemon and I drink, trying my best not to whimper or complain. I throw up to the side of me and she makes me clean it before pouring rice onto the floor for me to kneel in.

It feels as though shards of glass are cutting into my knees. I try my best to keep still, especially after I come to the conclusion that it only hurts more to move. I hear a thunder of footsteps up the stair and almost start crying when I hear her tearing through my bedroom. It's something she used to do regularly back in Illinois but hasn't attempted since the move. 

I hear a large thud and can only imagine the damage that has befallen my bookshelf and radio.

Closing my eyes I attempt to distract myself from imagining the damage.

Three hours pass before she walks past me.

"What the fuck are you doing on the floor? Get to your bedroom now!" Ahhh, and in a true fashion she has forgotten what happened. Although it doesn't faze me since I'd prefer she didn't know much of anything that she thinks is reason enough to punish me.

I scurry up tot he room, ignoring the throbbing from my legs. I quickly tidy up the bed, grabbing my wrecked school books and supplies and placing it inside, trying to keep the pages in order. I do my best to righten my bookshelf and leave the radio to fix later, trying my hardest to fight back tears.

I grab the broken straps of the bag, cradling the mess in my arms as I sneak out the back and quickly walk to the library. I don't know why it was the first place that I thought of but it seems the safest place to head. I rush inside the door only for the librarian to stop me.

"Sorry dear, I was just about to close up the place." I heave a sob and the tears start to fall.

"Hey now, what's the matter? How'd you get those bruises all up you and what in heavens name happened to your bag?" I quickly write out bullies and she takes the hint that I can't talk.

"Well now, come on through and I'll help you fix yourself up. I'm sure I've got some masking tape and bandages around the back here somewhere..." She grins as she takes my bag and dumps it onto the nearest table. She comes back and helps me to the table too before walking behind the desk and emerging with a first aid kit.

"Now, first order of business, let's get those knees sorted." With the training of a nurse, or so it seems, she had a bandage neatly tied around each of my knees- she told me it was more so to prevent any more injury then to help with the healing. She used a pit of masking tape to secure the bandage in place and I smiled at her, wiping at my eyes.

"Now, let me see what we can do about your supplies." She walked over and sat down int he chair next to me, going through my supplies. She neatly taped all of my text books and notebooks with practiced precision. Then again she'd have a whole heap of practice in her line of work...

Soon enough my bag is fixed and so it all of my supplies, she even forgives me since my library book had practically been torn to shreds by my mother. She waves me away about the fine and I feel so relieved. 

She's the reason my mothers wrong about people. Kindness does exist in some. Well, at least one that I know of...

I walk home as the sun sets, smiling at the niceness the nice lady had displayed. Maybe things wouldn't be so bad anymore if I just remember to smile.