Initiation

Becky left around noon since she had to work. It was now 8pm and I was getting ready for my initiation to the gang.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I kept walking around in my room wondering what the hell they were going to make me do. My brother warned me, it wasn't easy but I had to turn off all my emotions if I wanted my life to be that way.

He'd trained me for two years now, making sure I was able to fight real good and basically not die. I was now able to fight the guys and not get beaten to death but some of them, actually most of them were still a lot stronger than me.

I put my hair in a long ponytail and went to my closet and got my black jeans, a black tank top and my black leather jacket out before slipping into my outfit. I applied some makeup and just as I was finished, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I said casually as my brother entered my room. He sat at the edge of my bed and waited for me to come out of my bathroom. "Yeah?" I asked sitting on my bed and waited for him to speak. "I don't think I want you to do this." He said looking down. "It's so dangerous. This life isn't a good one and I don't want to be afraid everyday of losing you." I couldn't believe it. Was he being serious? I started panicking at the thought of not being in his gang and getting my revenge and that's when I realized how much I wanted this.

"No. I'm doing this and you have nothing to say about it. I don't care what you say I'm doing this." I said in a commanding voice. "Okay. Just promise me that if it gets too hard for you, that you'll stop and return to a normal life." He asked with pleading eyed. "Yeah I promise." "Okay let's go, we're gonna go get McDonald's before we head to the wearhouse." He informed getting up. I followed him out and put my boots on before all the guys, my brother and I made our way to the cars.

We all drove off to the wearhouse and by that time my heart was pounding. I was excited but I just wanted to know what the hell I had to do.

"Okay, Lex. This other gang is in town and they've been owing us some money for a while now. They don't know that this is our territory so around midnight we're gonna go to their new wearhouse and blow their brains out. We need to see if you'll be able to handle all this so you're going to take down their leader Marco. Don't worry, one of the boys probably Xavier is going to be behind you at all time in case something happens. All you have to do is get into his office by the window while he's out getting something and kill him. He always goes out to get something to eat around 12:30 so you'll be able to sneak in. Sound good?" Eric the oldest guy said. He was twenty-two and has been my brother's best friend since high school.

I nodded still in shock of that plan but the more I thought about it, the more excited I was. When it was nine O'clock, I couldn't stay put I kept taking my gun (how awesome does that sound!) and checked to see if the bullets were in it. I was born to live this life. I needed excitement and danger and fear and adrenaline. But most importantly, I needed revenge.

We played video games and it seemed crazy to me that we were doing all this normal stuff right before we were going to kill people.

It was 11:30 and we were loading everything we would need in the cars. When everything was set, I got in a car with Jason and Xavier while my brother was in the car with Eric, Alex and Trey and Andrew and Evan drove in a separate car. We parked the cars about a mile away from the wearhouse and grabbed all our stuff.

"You sure you want to do this? Once you're in this life, there's no going back." my brother warned me. I rolled my eyes. "Yes Jake. I've told you about a hundred times that I want this more than anything." I repeated. "Okay, good luck." he said walking away. He stopped in his tracks and turned around to face me. "One more thing... Don't die." he smirked. I smirked back at his remark and waited for Xavier before walking towards the wearhouse.