Chapter 13: Father's Change

Lucy's P.O.V.

Happy and I got into the truck and drove back to my house. I was a little nervous about telling my father what happened and that Happy had to stay with us until Natsu was better. When we finally arrived, I parked the truck in the driveway and climbed out along with Happy. 

Happy was silent the whole ride, and was still silent walking up the pathway to the front door. I opened it nervously. "F-Father?" I asked. "In here Lucy." he replied. I grabbed Happy's hand and led him into the living room, where my Father was watching a documentary on sharks. 

"Father, Natsu is in critical condition...and his brother, Happy is perfectly fine, so I was wondering if it's ok that he stays with us until Natsu is better." I watched my Father slowly turn his head to look at the blunette next to me. He narrowed his eyes and told me to go to my room with Happy and him. 

"O-Ok." I replied. "I'll be up there in a minute to discuss things." he said. I nodded as a reply and Happy and I walked up the stairs. I gasped when I entered my room. Everything was in boxes. Everything. "Is this normal?" Happy asked. I shook my head. 

My Father entered the room and told me to sit down on the bed. He sat down next to me and sent Happy out of the room. "Lucy, you can no longer live here. I already bought a house for you and packed your stuff while you've been visiting your friend." he emphasized the word 'friend'. 

"Why?!" I asked. "You kissed him." he answered nonchalantly. Yes. That is a great reason to kick your daughter out of your house. Because she kissed a boy. I thought. "What about Aquarius and Aries?" I asked. "They are mine now. You can visit whenever you want, and I guess you can teach that boy the lessons he wanted." Father answered. "And I got you your own truck. It's in the garage." he added.

TIMESKIP~AFTER SHE GOT HER STUFF TO HER NEW HOUSE

I finally had all of my stuff at my house, and Happy helped me unpack some things. There were two bedrooms-I don't know why-but Happy slept on an air mattress in the guest room. I slept on my mattress in the master because I didn't put the bed frame together yet. I had enough money saved from my life savings to buy some food, so the day after 'moving' day, Happy and I went to the store and got food. 

I let Happy pick some things out because he was going to live with me for a while. The school knew what happened and said he didn't have to go to school that week. After we got home I put the food away and we went to visit Natsu. "How did you and Natsu meet?" Happy asked, as if he were Natsu's dad. I smiled a little bit at his question. "Karaoke." I answered. Happy smiled at my answer, although I don't know why.

Natsu's P.O.V.

The doctors gave me a lot of pain medications that were supposed to make me fall asleep, but I rarely slept. When I did I had flashbacks of what happened in the accident, and of Zeref trying to kill Happy, so I refused to sleep unless I absolutely had to. I spent my days staring up at the white ceiling, bored out of my mind. But I couldn't manage to sit up long enough even when the bed was up in a sitting position because of my stupid ribs. 

It was hard to breathe and the doctors cleared fluid out of my lungs once a day. But I often wondered if Happy was ok. I was his legal guardian and he couldn't go back home without me. I wanted to know if he was still in the waiting room, if Lucy was watching him, or if he was taken away. The last thought pained me and often brought tears to my eyes. 

I couldn't imagine a world without Happy. He was my little brother, and I loved him. My only family left besides Zeref. I hoped he forgave me for shielding him. I risked my life to save him, and I was wondering if he forgave me. Pathetic. But I couldn't stop the thoughts. Then my thoughts turned to Lucy. If she was sad. If she was mad at me. Wondering if she was in trouble for us kissing.

When they came to visit a second time, Lucy explained to me what happened and Happy told me that he was staying with Lucy until I was better. It was four more weeks until I was released. Even then, I could barely walk. The doctors said I was in no shape to watch Happy or be alone, and that I had to stay a friend's house. But none of my friends volunteered. Not even Mira. 

But Lucy volunteered after she heard about it. The doctors told her about how I could be in a wheelchair to spare the pain, but that I needed to walk around. It hurt my ribs too much to use crutches, so when I walked I used one and my other arm slung around Lucy's shoulders and her arm slung around my torso to support me. 

Happy and I shared the guest bedroom and Lucy always helped me with my daily physical therapy. More like daily killing mission. It hurt so bad, I just felt like collapsing and dying on the ground, but whenever Lucy felt like I was about to fall, she helped me sit down to catch my breath. Then we started again. We did this when Happy was at school. Lucy and I both had enough credits to graduate early, so we did that. That way I could focus on getting better and she could focus on unpacking and helping me.

Lucy finished unpacking a month after I was released, and I could walk around without support, but very slowly. My ribs were fully healed, so I could breathe normally and it felt good. Like I was just freed from something forever holding my chest down so I couldn't breathe. After three months, I was finally allowed to go back home and Lucy and I were officially dating. 

___________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting for a few days, I'm just busy studying for the spelling bee....I am SO nervous. 

1. Because stage fright

2. A boy I have a crush on is going to watch

and last but not least, 3. All of my past spelling bees SUCKED, but because the teachers pronounced the words wrong and I got them wrong......

Anyways, I hope you liked this chappy, it was longer than usual....I think I lost track. But a lot happened and I liked Natsu's side of the story a lot better, this is NOT the end, but it almost is...

:( If you guys comment and tell me you want a sequel of it, I will make one. PEACE OUT FOR NOW!