5 - Training

Hyun Jae pov:

I woke at the time I always woke up, five minutes earlier than six. The gentle rays of the early morning sun seeped through the curtains, lighting up the room dimly. I remained lazily on the bed for a good fifteen minutes while mentally preparing for the tough day ahead of me.

I would begin my training under Naruto and Sasuke today and, in all honesty, wasn't looking forward to it. Training was sure to be intense, with me having to push past my limits. I was sure that it was going to be quite stressful too because I would have to put up with Sasuke who did not hold back in showing that he absolutely disliked me - perhaps dislike was too weak a word though. He was frustrated by my reserved and silent personality, which was understandable but also a bit frustrating for me too.

Besides that, there was the fact that his three fangirls had their eyes on me. They had already threatened me yesterday with an ability that I was surely incompetent against, at least for now, and staying away from Sasuke was what would spare me from any possible injury. However, I couldn't avoid Sasuke since he was my trainer in Ninjutsu now, and I would have to be with him until I was trained enough. I knew for a fact that dealing with everything was going to be quite challenging.

With a deep sigh, I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. I massaged my neck and shoulders to ease the slight stiffness that had developed in them before I stepped to the bathroom.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I noticed that I looked a lot better than how I normally did. It was surely because I had slept well - it had been years since I had slept without nightmares or insomnia. It seemed that the change of place had already been positive for me and had me believing that perhaps training wouldn't be as bad as I was dreading it to be.

Well, I suppose it would be fine since Naruto would be there too and he was cheerful and nice enough to stand up for me when Sasuke had been mean.

"Let's see how the day goes then," I mumbled and proceeded to shower and get ready for the day.

I prepared some porridge for breakfast and ate more than usual, quite sure that I would need the energy for the training session. With a full stomach and a ready mindset for whatever training would be like, I headed out of my apartment to meet up with Naruto and Sasuke in the training grounds.

Sasuke pov:

"How annoying," I mumbled with a click of my tongue as Sakura and Karin followed me like a bunch of lost puppies

"How annoying," I mumbled with a click of my tongue as Sakura and Karin followed me like a bunch of lost puppies. While Sakura had matured, it was only slightly, and I did not like either one of them even half as much as they seemed to like me. I could not see them understand me for who I truly was inside, for all that I had gone through and come out of, and what I wanted for my future.

To make things worse now, I had to babysit another arrogant brat who knew nothing about being a shinobi and most definitely thought of it as a joke. What more would I be bothered with?