6 - Healing

Sasuke pov:

It was moments after Jay remained composed that her composure shattered. Her brows furrowed deeply and more tears fell from her eyes. Her breathing had quickened and her chakra became even more unsettled.

"It's all your fault!" she screamed. "Every single damn thing is all your fault! Because of you, everything fell apart!"

Heaving, she let her head fall, her eyes become downcast. She slowly calmed, her chakra settling as well. I could not understand what had happened, why she had spoken those words, who she had spoken them to. What I did know was that she had not come here to meet with anyone suspicious as a spy would have.

When she seemed calm enough, she inhaled deeply. Wiping off the tear stains on her cheeks, she walked back into the village and to her apartment. She had kept her head down the entire way, ignoring those who passed by her. She was being rude and it annoyed me.

When she entered her apartment, I was inconspicuous to follow her inside. She stepped to the room and fell face first onto the bed. Her eyes were still distant but she closed them with a deep sigh. She was asleep within moments, without even washing up or changing out of the clothes she had worn for training. I ruffled my hair in frustration - I could not understand girls. I could not tell what they were thinking when they were fawning over me or being aloof like Jay. The latter was all the more difficult to understand because of how she carried herself and the secrets she seemed to be hiding. I couldn't help but wish to know who she really was.

Annoyed by my thoughts, I jumped out of the window and made it to my apartment. I took a cold shower to calm myself before I turned in for the night.

Hyun Jae pov:

Three moths had gone by in a flash since I came to this world and began training to be a kunoichi of Konoha. Naruto and Sasuke had been diligent in teaching me all I needed to know to be a strong fighter and I had become a lot stronger and skillful than what I used to be.

Training in general had been harsh but I had done well to hold out because of my good endurance. Thanks to Sasuke, I had been able to master controlling my chakra - which included learning to stand on water and on any surface, even upside down - and learning to use several fire jutsus. Naruto fine tuned my hand to hand combat skills and even taught me a chakra attack called the Rasengan. I was yet to actually learn it fully but I was getting there.

In my free time, I often visited the library to read up about this world enough to know what even a layman of this would should know. Everything about this world was unique, very different from where I had grown up, and the striking difference made me feel less and less uneasy about having to go through another incident like in the past.

It seemed that I was no longer as suspicious as I had been when I first turned up outside Konoha. I could tell that I was no longer under constant watch and the others of the village treated me with much more comfort. Some things had not changed though - Sasuke still disliked me and his fangirls were still onto me to an extent, and Sasuke often avoided any interaction with me besides that during training.

My reserved persona had changed a little too. Having been stuck with Naruto, I had got used to his clinginess and run-ins and interactions with all those he knew - and that was a lot of people. He was someone the entire village looked up to, it seemed, and it had me believing that he was a strong shinobi who protected his people.

The same could not be said about Sasuke though. There were many people on the village who openly showed dislike for him, as if he was an unwanted existence, someone they did not want for to be a part of Konoha. I could not fathom why he was unwanted, all the more since he was quite a powerful shinobi and Naruto was exceptionally fond of him. Sure, he did come off as cold and irritable but surely those weren't enough for people of the village to dislike him to the extent they seemed to. It had piqued my curiosity but I had not been able to bring myself to ask about it.