14. Charade

A.N: I don't know what I did. But I think I posted this chapter as a new story. i don't really remember doing that.. But anyway, sorry about that! And it'd be really cool if you guys could vote for this again. :I 

“It's much easier to not know things sometimes. Things change and friends leave. And life doesn't stop for anybody. I wanted to laugh. Or maybe get mad. Or maybe shrug at how strange everybody was, especially me. I think the idea is that every person has to live for his or her own life and than make the choice to share it with other people. You can't just sit their and put everybody's lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love. You just can't. You have to do things. I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. And I'm going to figure out what that is. And we could all sit around and wonder and feel bad about each other and blame a lot of people for what they did or didn't do or what they didn't know. I don't know. I guess there could always be someone to blame. It's just different. Maybe it's good to put things in perspective, but sometimes, I think that the only perspective is to really be there. Because it's okay to feel things. I was really there. And that was enough to make me feel infinite. I feel infinite.” 

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

“I can’t do this!” I whined again, referring to Mr. Hadley’s project. The dead line was a week away and I had not even started with it. I was making it on the Indian culture which Wikipedia described to be rich and unique.

This made Carter groan, “If you say that once again, I’ll die. And don’t be happy about that because my ghost will definitely come back to haunt your ass.” He voiced his agitating thoughts, as I frantically searched for a sharpie to make a rough over view of the project with my phone pressed in between my ear and shoulder.

“Argh you are a useless brother!” I told him, finally finding a sharpie in my physics text book. I wonder where all the other pens and pencils went. I can bet I had around a million sharpies before school re-opened!

I heard him snort at that. Stupid brother of mine. “I am useless?!” he asked me, not really expecting an answer, I hope. “Your memory needs to go on a jog, sweet pea because as far as I remember, it was ME, mind you, ME who smoothed out things with your Internet guy.”

I pressed my sharpie on the paper a bit harder at that, “When am I going to hear the end of this? P.S: I still think it was a stupid move, you stupid boy.” I told him in a flat voice, ignoring the special attention ‘sweet pea’ got.

“Never. P.S: I don’t want my sister to be sleep deprived, so whatever helps the cause.”  He said in a matter-of-factly voice. I could imagine a hideous smirk on his face.

“As if. P.S.S: If talking to your sister at three freaking AM is also one of the cause then I’d surely like to know.” I told him, feeling proud of myself for thinking like a sane person even at this hour.

“You cheat! My caller says otherwise. Let’s see what it says? Because I really wouldn’t want it to sulk like my little Britty. So-“

“Gah, bye Carrie.” I muttered and without waiting for him to continue and hanged up. I hope the ‘Carrie’ part irritated him half as much as he annoyed me. Maybe I had called him but who do you expect me to call at 3? Of course Carter!

With that I tossed my phone on the physics book and started surfing the internet for more information.

After, say five seconds, my stupid phone started ringing again. With the thought that it’s Carter, because he hates it when I hang up on him without letting him reply, I picked it up.

“What is your problem? Go and bug your precious Amanda, not me. I am a busy bee unlike some people I know, meaning you! And no, you can’t say I am a bee, because bees are irritating with their flapping of wings or something and everybody knows I am not irritating. I am FAR from irritating. If anyone is irritating, then it’s you. You got Aunt Alice’s genes. Haah, how’s that?” I rambled, making doodles on the almost blank page.